Jim Leonard tweets about stuff

Integrity28

jimleonhard Jim Leonhard

I passed on the $120 Sonicare toothbrush. For that price it better do my taxes, or teach the Jets rookie DB's the playbook for me.

jimleonhard Jim Leonhard

Went to Target to buy 1 cheap thing and spent $100. Tell me this happens to everyone.

Odd things to tweet about for him, he usually sticks to promoting his organization, one could read between the lines and see this as a passive expression of disapproval on this whole Assholemugha situation.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd things to tweet about for him, he usually sticks to promoting his organization, one could read between the lines and see this as a passive expression of disapproval on this whole Assholemugha situation.

It could also be a "dont worry we got this" and Im just going about my everyday business.

Which is thats the case he better buy some god damn players

Very true Smash.

The way things are shaking out, it appears we don't have the money to spend on Braylon either right now. Might have to hope to get lucky with some of the young blood this year...

Glad to see the Jets have some "everyday guys" on their roster though, JL is a cool dude.

Also could just be his woman in his life is not around for whatever reason, and now is having to do the odds and shopping he never had to do before and did not realize how much things cost, and felt compelled to complain about it.

Very true Smash.

The way things are shaking out, it appears we don't have the money to spend on Braylon either right now. Might have to hope to get lucky with some of the young blood this year...

Glad to see the Jets have some "everyday guys" on their roster though, JL is a cool dude.

Didnt they restructure a few guys yesterday?

They did. However, its been widely reported by reputable outlets that the Jets our out of the Braylon bidding due to his price tag. Specifically stating "they just can't afford him".

I dunno what to believe though.

They did. However, its been widely reported by reputable outlets that the Jets our out of the Braylon bidding due to his price tag. Specifically stating "they just can't afford him".

Not bringing Braylon back is a poor decision.

That would be bizarre. We allegedly had $10 mil BEFORE restructuring which means god only knows how much money we have. I don't see how Braylon is going to command anything more than, what, $8 mil?

Like I said guys we should have Signed Braylon first on the cheap then started looking to replace Holmes. Shoot me if you like but I bet you wont be thinking different when Holmes cant produce as a true # 1 with no real depth behind him. Double teams will kill him in a big way. And no Jones does not fill the void we need a big target in the red zone and we desparately needed a Slot Receiver/safety valve for Sanchez

Not bringing Braylon back is a poor decision.

It depends on what they do instead. If the FO takes their head out of their asses and rebounds well from this Aso mess, they'll see there is an opportunity to build for now and the future. Not just a 1-year run.

James Jones from teh Packers, or Steve Smith from the Giants (don't think he has resigned yet) would be excellent additions to this team. Both on emerging talents, while Braylon of last season is pretty much Braylon. I don't expect him to get better than what we saw.

I also think Plaxico or Randy Moss could be the answer at WR for the short term, but I'd rather see a young player brought in to grow with Mark.

Like I said guys we should have Signed Braylon first on the cheap then started looking to replace Holmes. Shoot me if you like but I bet you wont be thinking different when Holmes cant produce as a true # 1 with no real depth behind him. Double teams will kill him in a big way. And no Jones does not fill the void we need a big target in the red zone and we desparately needed a Slot Receiver/safety valve for Sanchez

Agreed Braylons height was a difference maker along with his blocking skills. What the hell are Tanne and Rex thinking?

That would be bizarre. We allegedly had $10 mil BEFORE restructuring which means god only knows how much money we have. I don't see how Braylon is going to command anything more than, what, $8 mil?

because his stats and size are better than Santonios ? Why would he not command 10 mil now ? We set the freakin market.

Funny thing despite our disagreement in the other thread, I actually agree with you totally. That is the way I would have approached this off-season.

*IF* it's true that Braylon was doing the hometown discount thing (*IF*), I would have signed him ASAP. Then Hunter or Turner. Then I would have begun looking into Cro, moved away from him quick if he was asking too much and gone to another DB and all along be looking for a solid #3 type receiver.

Your are beginning to look a lot like a spammer bro... you've redundantly stated these opinions in almost every thread. I'd love to hear you opinion on other receivers and secondary help that is out there, when you decide to stop beating the dead horse.

Funny thing despite our disagreement in the other thread, I actually agree with you totally. That is the way I would have approached this off-season.

*IF* it's true that Braylon was doing the hometown discount thing (*IF*), I would have signed him ASAP. Then Hunter or Turner. Then I would have begun looking into Cro, moved away from him quick if he was asking too much and gone to another DB and all along be looking for a solid #3 type receiver.

Braylon hasn't signed anywhere yet. He's still available. Don't believe the rumors... in the meantime. I really, really hope Leonard and Eric Smith are not our starting safeties this year.

Agreed Braylons height was a difference maker along with his blocking skills. What the hell are Tanne and Rex thinking?

Ya know its really funny we claim to be a smashmouth (heh) football team and we sign the erratic Big play guy who does nothing to compement what we claim our offense is and let the other guy go . Its freakin mind bogglingly stupid . I get the fact people are infatuated with Santonios big play ability hell Im the first one to jump and cheeer for the guy but does he do all the little things and is he even consistent at what most claim he excells at ? the big play ?

Braylon hasn't signed anywhere yet. He's still available. Don't believe the rumors... in the meantime. I really, really hope Leonard and Eric Smith are not our starting safeties this year.

I don't see what is wrong with Leonhard. He's so underrated on JN it's unbelievable. Eric Smith? Yeah, that's a problem. He should just be on the team to lay out Wes Welker constantly... NOT start.

Your are beginning to look a lot like a spammer bro... you've redundantly stated these opinions in almost every thread. I'd love to hear you opinion on other receivers and secondary help that is out there, when you decide to stop beating the dead horse.

Ok so the truth bothers you ? Ok heres the deal we need a big body posession guy preferibly an all in one type....Do you see that available other than braylon ? Are you ok with taking a chance on moss or T.O. ?? Well those are your 3 options. Thats all I got bro. Unless Turner who is big turns out to be a surprise.

Ok so the truth bothers you ? Ok heres the deal we need a big body posession guy preferibly an all in one type....Do you see that available other than braylon ? Are you ok with taking a chance on moss or T.O. ?? Well those are your 3 options. Thats all I got bro. Unless Turner who is big turns out to be a surprise.

The NYJETS lacked a big tall posession WR for years the last being Keyshawn before Braylon. Its a no brainer sign him already!

Confused now. You looking for a tough over the middle receiver or a big target or both in one? Currently we have one of each in Cotchery and Keller.

Not sure about what you say about Braylon... I love him, preferred him over Santonio. However, did we actually use him over the middle? I really remember him being used on the sidelines more than anything, while Santonio was the one doing slants over the middle.

I don't see what is wrong with Leonhard. He's so underrated on JN it's unbelievable. Eric Smith? Yeah, that's a problem. He should just be on the team to lay out Wes Welker constantly... NOT start.

I don't underrate Leonard. I like him... Smith is what scares me.

You stated how you would have approached the off-season, and have done so in every thread, that isn't the truth. That is your opinion.

The truth is, the world did not end when Aso signed with the Eagles.

I've already said I prefer the Jets investing in young WR talent that hasn't totally peaked yet. I also said I'm okay with a stopgap like Moss.

I'm not going to keep repeating it over and over.. its exhausting.

Confused now. You looking for a tough over the middle receiver or a big target or both in one? Currently we have one of each in Cotchery and Keller.

Not sure about what you say about Braylon... I love him, preferred him over Santonio. However, did we actually use him over the middle? I really remember him being used on the sidelines more than anything, while Santonio was the one doing slants over the middle.

Both in one and Braylon can also Burn deep when needed. Braylon is a very solid all around WR that also blocks and also runs slants.

Im going to lay off Santonio for now , While Im not happy with the move, he is a JEt and I hope he explodes this year.

Did you just say Keller the guy who fell off the planet after the first 5 games last year ?? Cotch is always getting beat up, hes tough but hes no red zone threat nor is Keller.

I actually heard that all those players agreed to restructure if needed, but did not actually restructure just yet, and the reason im hearing is that players who restructure can't practice until August 4th or 5th, thats why Ochocinco did not restructure his deal just yet so he could practice. Restructures can be done but just like FA's cant be executed until the CBA is signed by the reformed union, so restructured players will be treated just like FA's until then, so Tone won't be practicing until Aug. 4th.

Eric Smith isnt as bad as all you guys make him up to be.

He is consistently the most out of position player on our entire defense. When he goes the wrong direction, the Jets get burned for big plays. Just sayin'

He is consistently the most out of position player on our entire defense. Just sayin'

And honestly how would you know this ?? When Rex refers to him as the smartest player on the team. Does not sound like a player who does not know where he belongs in the scheme.

Archived