NY Jets Trivia

nycdan

If we can take a few minutes out from bashing Tanny, Braylon and generally not enjoying the preseason....let's run some trivia questions around the group. I'll start it off with a question I don't know the answer to.

Amidst the possible reirement of Sean Ellis, I pose this question:

Who was the last Jet player to retire from the team after playing his entire career (let's say at least 8 full seasons) as a Jet.

Wayne Chrebet comes to mind, but he retired back in 2005. It seems there ought to be someone more recent but I can't come up with one.

Anyone?

If I'm right, then name the player prior to Chrebet that meets this qualification.

If we can take a few minutes out from bashing Tanny, Braylon and generally not enjoying the preseason....let's run some trivia questions around the group. I'll start it off with a question I don't know the answer to.

Amidst the possible reirement of Sean Ellis, I pose this question:

Who was the last Jet player to retire from the team after playing his entire career (let's say at least 8 full seasons) as a Jet.

Wayne Chrebet comes to mind, but he retired back in 2005. It seems there ought to be someone more recent but I can't come up with one.

Anyone?

If I'm right, then name the player prior to Chrebet that meets this qualification.

Chrebet had to be the most recent. I can't think of any long-term Jets who retired since then that were drafted by the team. The last ones before Chrebet would've been Mo Lewis & Marvin Jones.

Fabini went to the Redskins like many of our good players have in recent memory. After Marvin Jones and Mo Lewis, I'd have to say Mark Gastineau was the last to start and finish his career with the Jets. I know Klecko only played his last year with the Colts back in either 88 or 89.

Actually, I think Marty Lyons retired a year after Gastineau.

I did find another but he just missed my (arbitrary) 8-year condition. Brad Baxter played for the Jets for 7 years and then retired in 1995.

Still, it doesn't seem like a very long list but maybe it's like that for most of the other teams. But when you look at the Steelers of the 70s, most of those guys spent their entire careers there.

Bradshaw, Blount, Greene, Swann, Ham, Bleier, Stallworth...that's a hell of a list.

Archived