DL- Ropati will have a big year

redman81

Was just watching a couple episodes today and I know alot of ppl are questioning our DL this year. But, I think we'll be just fine. Between Pougha, DeVito, Wilkerson(who is getting praise), K. Ellis and we'll see how Dixon and Gilbert do this year, the DL should be solid. Now add in Ropati, who I think is going to have a breakout year. He was coming out strong last year until the achilles injury. I think another year learning under Rex has helped him and he will be a name heard from alot this year. So while ppl are worrying about our DL I think that unit shouldn't be an issue.

I agree they could've offered him a little more money to come back and rotate with the young guys and help them, but something tells me Shaun never would've accepted that role. For me though DL is an area I don't feel worried about.

I just think when we start hyping our young, lower round draft picks we kinda sound like Bills fans. I don't want to have to sound like that, which is why I offer Shaun Ellis a few pennies above the vet minimum.

Dude wtf is wrong with you? Ive never seen someone be so negative when people want our young guys to do well. Like a rookie NEVER made an impact on the field before?! Jesus, everytime someone says something good youre the nxt post crying that we shouldnt hype them up. Are they guaranteed to make an impact? No but have some optimism. The negativity is sickening on here.

Dude wtf is wrong with you? Ive never seen someone be so negative when people want our young guys to do well. Like a rookie NEVER made an impact on the field before?! Jesus, everytime someone says something good youre the nxt post crying that we shouldnt hype them up. Are they guaranteed to make an impact? No but have some optimism. The negativity is sickening on here.

Pitoitua isn't a rookie. He isn't a draft pick either. He was an UDFA and he's entering his 4th year. He was on the roster all of 2009. They have a pretty good idea what they will get from him.

Pitoitua isn't a rookie. He isn't a draft pick either. He was an UDFA and he's entering his 4th year. He was on the roster all of 2009. They have a pretty good idea what they will get from him.

I know but this isnt only thread hes posted in getting pissed about people saying our rookies will make impact! I know hes not a rookie but just sayin, its good to have confidence in our young guys!

I know but this isnt only thread hes posted in getting pissed about people saying our rookies will make impact! I know hes not a rookie but just sayin, its good to have confidence in our young guys!

Sorry. I quoted your post, but my point was aimed at you. This year Pitoitua is an unknown. Next year they will be complaining that he is 5 years out of college and is over the hill. Why can't we develop any good young players? Maybe because everybody insists on having an in their prime established vet at every position.

You really want to get mad? I expect Martin Tevesau to have more impact than Kenrick Ellis this season. For Rex to have him active vs. Steelers in the playoffs means something to me. I think I will expect more from him than the two DEs Dixon and Gilbert.

Yeah I forgot to include him. He did look good on a couple plays in that game.

I'm sorry to have to say it but Patriots D may be better than ours this year, with Wilfork + Haynesworth + Ellis + more up front.. they are brutal. Combine that with their superior offense and we are in huge trouble!

The Pats have always been a tough team, but if the Jets had those three fat old ****s on the line you'd be complaining about the lack of youth.

I'm sorry to have to say it but Patriots D may be better than ours this year, with Wilfork + Haynesworth + Ellis + more up front.. they are brutal. Combine that with their superior offense and we are in huge trouble!

I dissagree, Rex is what makes us a better D. Last Season we had Devito Pouha and Ellis starting, and was still better on defense. Remember patriots "25th defense in the league couldnt stop a nose bleeed" to quote Bart. B)

Archived