•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Yahoo: Bucs offer 1st, 3rd, 6th for Revis; to pay him $15m-$16m

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#301 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,339 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

professional sports teams don't write seasons off before they start. 

Professionals understand what to reasonably expect in any given year.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#302 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

another way to read that is the only losing seasons occurred when he was a rookie or when he was hurt.

I could say that the only losing seasons the Jets have had with Sanchez is when he had Sparano as his OC.

That is silly thinking

Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#303 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Done. If Revis remains with the Jets, we can both send our money to Smizzy to hold.

ha ha smizzy reference. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#304 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Professionals understand what to reasonably expect in any given year.

There's nothing reasonable about playing NFL football. It's not a profession that reasonable people take up. Reasonable people become accountants. 

#305 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

There's nothing reasonable about playing NFL football. It's not a profession that reasonable people take up. Reasonable people become accountants. 

I like this line of thinking.  More NFL general managers should act totally irrationally.  

Was it reasonable to draft Mike Nugent in the second round? NO BUT IT WAS AWESOME BECAUSE IT DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

#306 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

another way to read that is the only losing seasons occurred when he was a rookie or when he was hurt.

Do you really believe this is an even slightly valid argument?

By the same token, I could say the best Jets season of Revis' career was 2010, which saw them go 3-0 without him and rally from a deficit, a deficit which was the fault of Revis, when he was knocked out of another.  I imagine you'd agree that doesn't particularly prove much of anything, right?

Come on, Sanchez has less losing season's to his name than Revis, and he's the freakin' QB, does that make him a better player?  Of course not.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#307 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Do you really believe this is an even slightly valid argument?

I was responding to a "statistics can mean anything" point with a similar point. 

#308 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

I was responding to a "statistics can mean anything" point with a similar point. 

Yet you're the one who has repeatedly tried to credit Revis for Jets' wins (most notably the 2 game difference between 2011 and 2012), which is where this all started.

TL;DR

#309 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Professionals understand what to reasonably expect in any given year....

...still would not write off the year completely.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#310 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

...still would not write off the year completely.

It will be a nice year to see what some young and new players can do, as long as Rex does not become stubborn and stay overly loyal based on his player relationships.

LOL ignorance is bless.

#311 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yet you're the one who has repeatedly tried to credit Revis for Jets' wins (most notably the 2 game difference between 2011 and 2012), which is where this all started.

The Best defender in the league helps the team win games. I don't understand why this is so controversial.

#312 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

The Best defender in the league helps the team win games. I don't understand why this is so controversial.

Revis has been named defensive player of the year? When did that happen?

LOL ignorance is bless.

#313 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

It will be a nice year to see what some young and new players can do, as long as Rex does not become stubborn and stay overly loyal based on his player relationships.

Besides not giving the QB job to McElroy/Tebow (lol to both) "earlier," who got playing time out of loyalty?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#314 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Besides not giving the QB job to McElroy/Tebow (lol to both) "earlier," who got playing time out of loyalty?

Scott, Pace, Smith, Greene, Ducasse.

Edited by Scott Dierking, 12 April 2013 - 01:55 PM.

LOL ignorance is bless.

#315 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Scott, Pace, Smith, Greene.

Scott lost a ton of playing time over the past two years. There was a game this October where he saw 16 snaps total. Scott falling off a cliff during 2011 was not some great secret only Cimini, Mehta, and fans figured out. https://twitter.com/...734248531681280

Pace was probably the best player in the LB group last year. Not saying much, but Rex isn't the guy building the roster. That's a different issue.

Smith beat out the likes of rookie Antonio Allen, that guy the Pats picked up, rookie Bush, Dwight Lowery, and other even lesser 3rd safeties throughout the years. He was also drafted 7 years ago.

Greene aka the best RB on the roster going into 2012. Powell took 121 carries as a second year player while Greene got enough carries to hit 1,000 yards and land a solid FA contract. Nothing wrong with how they handled him either.

You confuse trying to win with what is there with alot of things. It's not as if he was leaving Pace in as some 22 YO beast rots on the bench. Garrett McIntyre and Ricky Sapp, the guys who make up the project/depth OLBs on the roster, combined saw a ton of playing time at OLB.

#316 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Scott lost a ton of playing time over the past two years. There was a game this October where he saw 16 snaps total. Scott falling off a cliff during 2011 was not some great secret only Cimini, Mehta, and fans figured out. https://twitter.com/...734248531681280

Pace was probably the best player in the LB group last year. Not saying much, but Rex isn't the guy building the roster. That's a different issue.

Smith beat out the likes of rookie Antonio Allen, that guy the Pats picked up, rookie Bush, Dwight Lowery, and other even lesser 3rd safeties throughout the years. He was also drafted 7 years ago.

Greene aka the best RB on the roster going into 2012. Powell took 121 carries as a second year player while Greene got enough carries to hit 1,000 yards and land a solid FA contract. Nothing wrong with how they handled him either.

You confuse trying to win with what is there with alot of things. It's not as if he was leaving Pace in as some 22 YO beast rots on the bench. Garrett McIntyre and Ricky Sapp, the guys who make up the project/depth OLBs on the roster, combined saw a ton of playing time at OLB.

Scott lost playing time when he was hurt. As soon as he was healthy, BOOM back in he goes.

Smith should never have been on the roster. Rex was comfortable with hi,m.

The Jets KNEW they were not going to re-sign Greene. They should have look at the others more, once they knew they were out of the race.

Guess you agree with Ducasse statement.

Your last sentence made no sense-no surprise.

LOL ignorance is bless.

#317 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Scott lost playing time when he was hurt. As soon as he was healthy, BOOM back in he goes.

Mauga, who was getting many of Scott's snaps early on, blew out his knee IIRC.

Smith should never have been on the roster. Rex was comfortable with hi,m.

Smith relative to other team's 2nd and 3rd safeties really is not as dramatically bad as this board makes it seem. He's an NFL player, just not a starter. He only took a starter role when a starter was unavailable. He is a player who, kept in the right roles, should make a coach relatively comfortable. There are many safeties in the league worse than Eric Smith, and alot worse at that.

The Jets KNEW they were not going to re-sign Greene. They should have
look at the others more, once they knew they were out of the race.

They were out of the race in Week 15.

Bilal Powell got almost 80% of his carries after game 7.

Guess you agree with Ducasse statement.

Or you made the edit while I was posting. Ducasse didn't even start, and did nothing to hurt himself last year.

Your last sentence made no sense-no surprise.

Considering you think contract and number are the same words I can see how the last sentence might make brain hurt. It's not particularly well written, but hardly incomprehensible.

#318 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Mauga, who was getting many of Scott's snaps early on, blew out his knee IIRC.

Smith relative to other team's 2nd and 3rd safeties really is not as dramatically bad as this board makes it seem. He's an NFL player, just not a starter. He only took a starter role when a starter was unavailable. He is a player who, kept in the right roles, should make a coach relatively comfortable. There are many safeties in the league worse than Eric Smith, and alot worse at that.

They were out of the race in Week 15.

Bilal Powell got almost 80% of his carries after game 7.

Or you made the edit while I was posting. Ducasse didn't even start, and did nothing to hurt himself last year.

Considering you think contract and number are the same words I can see how the last sentence might make brain hurt. It's not particularly well written, but hardly incomprehensible.

Luuulzzz

Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo said the new platoon of Vlad Ducasse working in with LG Matt Slauson is "a directive from high above me."
Coach Rex Ryan insists the call was his, though speculation is mounting that GM Mike Tannenbaum ordered the coaches to play his 2010 second-round pick. It's clear that DeGuglielmo believes Ducasse belongs on the bench. "He's playing well enough to be an every-third-series guy -- maybe," said DeGuglielmo.

LOL ignorance is bless.

#319 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

You don't read. This is pretty consistent throughout this offseason.

Coach Rex Ryan insists the call was his, though speculation is mounting
that GM Mike Tannenbaum ordered the coaches to play his 2010
second-round pick.

Luuuulz

#320 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

You don't read. This is pretty consistent throughout this offseason.

Luuuulz

People speculating but Rex saying something different? Lulllz. You are such a media lackey. 

LOL ignorance is bless.

#321 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

While I'd dispute Revis as the best defender in the league, the truth is every player helps their team win games, that's why they're there.  Does he even help more than most of the league's CBs do?  Certainly.  What's controversial is the idea that he alone makes a vast difference in the Jets win-loss record (and according to you, even more of a difference than 3-5 other players could have), even though there is no evidence to support this position, despite your best efforts to claim otherwise.

TL;DR

#322 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

People speculating but Rex saying something different? Lulllz. You are such a media lackey.

There's not even a quote from Ryan in there, dummy.

This again doesn't even take away from the fact that Ducasse didn't exactly sh*t the bed in his tiny role as 6th/7th OL.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 April 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#323 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

While I'd dispute Revis as the best defender in the league, the truth is every player helps their team win games, that's why they're there.  Does he even help more than most of the league's CBs do?  Certainly.  What's controversial is the idea that he alone makes a vast difference in the Jets win-loss record (and according to you, even more of a difference than 3-5 other players could have), even though there is no evidence to support this position, despite your best efforts to claim otherwise.

There's plenty of evidence. Look at revis' highlights. He made huge plays that directly changed the outcome of games. 

#324 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

There's not even a quote from Ryan in there, dummy.

This again doesn't even take away from the fact that Ducasse didn't exactly sh*t the bed in his tiny role as 6th/7th OL.

Gato, the media lackey.

http://www.nj.com/je...ision_to_p.html

"This is something I’ve always believed in my heart," Ryan said.

Ducasse "can play," Ryan said. "He's going to get better. He is getting better."

“He’s played well enough to be an every third series guy,” DeGuglielmo said. “Maybe.”

LOL ignorance is bless.

#325 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Lol so he played well and got better?

****in Mets fans...reeeeeead what you think is killing for you.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 April 2013 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users