Tailgating at Wembley

Hi Guys,

I am a UK based Jet fan and have been following the Jets since Kenny O'Brien was under center - I am a frequent visitor to New York to see the Jets and have been a member of another Jet board for a lot of years now. 

Some of my crew are coming to the UK for the game next week and I am trying to set up some arrangements prior to the game.

As you are probably aware there is no facilities at Wembley for our traditional type of tailgating. Pubs around the ground are few and far between and so they are usually 20 deep at the bar. Be warned. Lots of bars in the stadium when you get in at extortionate prices. 

We are meeting at the 'Sports Bar & Grill Marlybone'  right next to Marlybone station. This bar is open for business at 10am and serves alcohol and food from then. The bar is pretty big but is very popular with sports fans because it is a 20 minute subway ride out to the stadium. The station is right outside.

Hopefully this might be of use to you guys- there will be a huge support for the Jets be assured.

London will be jumping that weekend not only with the Rugby world cup but Manchester Utd are playing arch rivals Arsenal from North London at 4pm local.

I'll look back to see if I can be of assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
im going to the game, so,here's the big question, is anyone else?  If so how do we set up a tailgate party,mod they do that there? Fish and chips? I dunno ? Anyway f nothing else is there a prepare bar to have all the jets fans meet at?  I've watched these games on TV and it seems to me that the English fans just cheer the entire game. like  they don't know what they are watching.mim sure some do but I'm sure most don't.  

And yes I know the game is week 4 but it's sooner than you think because of the time change. 

Lets hear some J E T S chants

Archived