THE SKY IS FALLING (King Picks Jags)

BwanaZulia

New England (10-4) at Jacksonville (8-6)

How amazing is this: A loss here in Florida, and the Patriots fly home not sure if they're going to win the AFC East, not even sure if they're going to make the playoffs.

Jacksonville 20, New England 17

WTF?

I was happy to see him pick against us, but picking against the Pats? Will Kraft ever forgive him?

BZ

WTF?

I was happy to see him pick against us, but picking against the Pats? Will Kraft ever forgive him?

BZ

Kraft understands. This is all about hoping the Jets don't make the playoffs. I don't know who the jets making the playoffs would bother the most. Peter King, Mad Dog Russo, BB or Chris Carter.

2. * Miami, 10-6: Talking with Nick Saban the other day, I wondered when he knew Daunte Culpepper was going to be A-OK for the season. Saban shared a conversation he had with Culpepper the night before the second preseason game at Carolina (where the QB had shredded his knee 10 months earlier). "You know, you don't have to play in this ballgame if you don't want to,'' Saban old him, concerned that Culpepper might have some flashbacks to the injury. Culpepper said he absolutely wanted to get out there and compete.

I think Saban was leaning hard toward Drew Brees last winter, until he got a negative vibe about the readiness of Brees' shoulder for the season. But he made a great call on Culpepper, who, with the exception of his mobility, has looked superb this summer, and the mobility should get better with time.

4. New York Jets, 4-12. "How do you like our team?'' GM Mike Tannenbaum asked over the weekend. Well, I don't really know what it is. I don't know who'll be quarterbacking by midseason and I don't know who the running back is. The offensive line starts two rookies and wasn't good to begin with, and the defensive line is hugely suspect. Other than that, it's a heck of a team.

I will give Tannenbaum credit for trying to shore up the defensive line in the last 72 hours. He engineered a very cool three-way trade, exchanging fourth-string quarterback Brooks Bollinger (who would not have made the team) to Minnesota for 314-pound defensive tackle C.J. Mosley and an '08 seventh-round pick, then turning around and dealing that draft choice to Oakland for defensive end Bobby Hamilton. Then the Jets claimed 325-pound DT Rashad Moore from the Raiders after final cuts. Mosley, Hamilton and Moore all likely will be on the Jets' final 53-man roster on opening day, and coach Eric Mangini will use Hamilton, a veteran of the Belichick defense that Mangini is using, to play defensive tackle in the 3-4.

BZ

I think Saban was leaning hard toward Drew Brees last winter, until he got a negative vibe about the readiness of Brees' shoulder for the season. But he made a great call on Culpepper

OUCH!!!!

Brees is shooting for NFL MVP and Culpepper is on the bench... OUCH!!!!

I think it would have been great if Brees broke Marino's passing yards in a season record... then it would have hurt the Phins even more... they always complain that they havent found the next Marino... and it looks like the passed up on something very close to it.

Archived