Bollinger

Fred Jetstone

The champagne of 007....and the new Quarteback of the New York Jets. Get ready for a whole new era...wheeee!

Ok, Freddy, you have our attention.

Without using cute word games and images, tell us why we shouldn't worry. Tell us why Bollinger is going to come right in and win games? Please.

Really, we are listening.

BZ

College Career

Holds Wisconsin school career-record for QB with 518 carries for 1,767 yards (3.4 avg) and 26 TD ... Had a 30-12 record as a starter, becoming one of seven Big Ten Conference quarterbacks to win 30 games in a career ... Ranks second in Badger annals with 414 completions of 771 passes (53.7%) for 5,627 yards and 38 TD ... One of seven players in Big Ten history to throw for more than 30 TD and rush for more than 20 TD in a career ... Started every game, except vs. Illinois, in his senior year and earned the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award ... Completed 131 of 245 passes (53.5%) for 1,758 yards and 14 TD and carried the ball 160 times for 466 yards (2.9 avg) and eight TD ... Started nine games, completing 91 of 177 passes (51.4%) for 1,257 yards and six TD as a junior, adding 92 rushes for 388 yards (4.2 avg) and six TD ... Started 12 games, gaining 1,479 yards with 10 TD on 110 of 209 passes (52.6%) as a sophomore and ran for 459 yards and six TD on 157 carries (2.9 avg) ... Became the third Badger ever to earn Big Ten Conference Freshman of the Year honors ... Started eight games, winning each contest as he completed 82 of 140 passes (58.6%) for 1,133 yards and eight TD and carried 109 times for 454 yards (4.2 avg) and six TD as a freshman.

BZ, this info ain't hidden in the basement of the Vatican library.

1) Gatorade state player of the year in high school

2) Two awesome bowl victories including a come-from-behind victory against UCLA in the Alamo Bowl

3) Awesome athlete. Drafted by the LA Dodgers as a third baseman

4) Against the odds, stuck with the Jets through all of the revolving door coming and going of CFL'ers and retreads and practice squad wannabee's (mentally tough)

5) Healthy

6) Great performance last year vs. Arizona

7) Not happy as a backup - really wants to prove himself (see thread with article from Grand Forks herald)

8Reputation as a warrior (see thread with bit from Jets Confidential)

9) Earned respect of Jonathon Carter last year vs. Arizona

10) The intangible. You just know he's the next one. You just knowit. Don't you?

Thank you Matt.

Freddy, I am starting to think you are all hype and no substance.

BZ

BZ, trust me Bollinger sucks.

I see the Jets going two roads this season.

1. Signing someone like Vinny and try and somehow make a playoff push.

2. Play Bollinger, Herm gets an excuse to play for a draft pick.

The season has turned into a sh*t show.

BZ, this info ain't hidden in the basement of the Vatican library.

1) Gatorade state player of the year in high school

2) Two awesome bowl victories including a come-from-behind victory against UCLA in the Alamo Bowl

3) Awesome athlete. Drafted by the LA Dodgers as a third baseman

4) Against the odds, stuck with the Jets through all of the revolving door coming and going of CFL'ers and retreads and practice squad wannabee's (mentally tough)

5) Healthy

6) Great performance last year vs. Arizona

7) Not happy as a backup - really wants to prove himself (see thread with article from Grand Forks herald)

8Reputation as a warrior (see thread with bit from Jets Confidential)

9) Earned respect of Jonathon Carter last year vs. Arizona

10) The intangible. You just know he's the next one. You just knowit. Don't you?

Freddy, I am in it with you.

BOLLYWOOD OR BUST!!!

BZ

BZ, trust me Bollinger sucks.

I see the Jets going two roads this season.

1. Signing someone like Vinny and try and somehow make a playoff push.

2. Play Bollinger, Herm gets an excuse to play for a draft pick.

The season has turned into a Sh#t show.

No way we put another big, old, slow QB behind an o-line that is a revolving door.

Just put someone back there who can scramble like hell and we might win a few games.

BZ

Archived