Please help me in a debate!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

As I was watching today's abyssmal performance (cant bring myself to call it a game) with a fellow Jets fan...he said that this year's team, regardless of what else happens, CANNOT be worse than 1996's Kotite-led 1-15 Jets.

It was my contention that the 1996 team would have SMOKED this awful Jets team!!!

True or False, they were alive in the 4th qtr of many of their games in '96 and not out of it during the coin toss like we are in '05!?!?!?!

I mean, at least we had a chance to eek out a "W" in '96...we dont have a snowball's chance in hell of that this year!

Or is the old addage "You are what you are" still the case?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj1996.htm

Game-by-game results

|Week|Opponent| Result | Score |

1 at Denver Broncos L 6-31 |

2 Indianapolis Colts L 7-21 |

3 at Miami Dolphins L 27-36 |

4 New York Giants L 6-13 |

5 at Washington Redskins L 16-31 |

6 Oakland Raiders L 13-34 |

7 at Jacksonville Jaguars L 17-21 |

8 Buffalo Bills L 22-25 |

9 at Arizona Cardinals W 31-21 |

10 Bye

11 New England Patriots L 27-31 |

12 at Indianapolis Colts L 29-34 |

13 at Buffalo Bills L 10-35 |

14 Houston Oilers L 10-35 |

15 at New England Patriots L 10-34 |

16 Philadelphia Eagles L 20-21 |

17 Miami Dolphins L 28-31 |

Don't remember much other than O'Donnell pulling his hammy in warmups of the Oilers game. But looking aht this, Kotite wasn't as bad as this fiasco.

As I was watching today's abyssmal performance (cant bring myself to call it a game) with a fellow Jets fan...he said that this year's team, regardless of what else happens, CANNOT be worse than 1996's Kotite-led 1-15 Jets.

It was my contention that the 1996 team would have SMOKED this awful Jets team!!!

True or False, they were alive in the 4th qtr of many of their games in '96 and not out of it during the coin toss like we are in '05!?!?!?!

I mean, at least we had a chance to eek out a "W" in '96...we dont have a snowball's chance in hell of that this year!

Or is the old addage "You are what you are" still the case?

You are right about the 96 team. They were in alot of games but never could hold on.

They would probably win against this offense.

Now the 95 Jets against this group that would be more competitive.

What I also remember is Parcells coming in the next year and spanking the piss out of the Seahawks on the raod in Game 1 as underdogs 41-3, and just missing the playoffs, with almost the same exact team.

Lesson-COACHING MATTERS. And Edwards is a lousy coach, may be worse than Kotite.

What I also remember is Parcells coming in the next year and spanking the piss out of the Seahawks on the raod in Game 1 as underdogs 41-3, and just missing the playoffs, with almost the same exact team.

Lesson-COACHING MATTERS. And Edwards is a lousy coach, may be worse than Kotite.

Bugg he very well could be. Just for the fun of it imagine what 1997 would have been like if edwards came in. I'm gonna say 2-14 or 1-5

Archived