Bilal Powell > Joe McKnight

IslandJetsFan

You hate McKnight, who is a Jet, because you hate the Patsies. Hmmm... he's a 2nd year player, I say you get over it and root for the kid who wears the green and white, and get over the man-crush on the garden gnome.

well said. Its quite disgusting that alleged fans will dislike McKnight because REX chose to get rid of Woodhead! maybe these alleged fans should root for the Patriots and stop whining!

It's not about disliking a player personally- its about watching said player on film and making a judgement of him.

McKnight doesn't the quickness/shiftiness you need out of a 3rd down back. Powell's catch out of the backfield showed more explosion than McKnight has shown since he's been here.

I actually liked Powell, but I just don't see where McKnight looked bad. His pass blocking was crap, no doubt that, and he did have the one drop, but he ran pretty well. I mean, you guys do realize that for all love for Powell, McKnight's rushing numbers were far better right? You don't have to dislike one guy to like the other, they are very different players with different roles who will both get their chances to play. I think all of these guys have a chance to give some legit contributions this year.

I actually liked Powell, but I just don't see where McKnight looked bad. His pass blocking was crap, no doubt that, and he did have the one drop, but he ran pretty well. I mean, you guys do realize that for all love for Powell, McKnight's rushing numbers were far better right? You don't have to dislike one guy to like the other, they are very different players with different roles who will both get their chances to play. I think all of these guys have a chance to give some legit contributions this year.

To me with backs its seeing specific movements and explosion. Powell has that elusive shiftiness whereas McKnight has to stop and then change directions.

McKnight definitely ran hard last night, but he looked more like Cedric Houston than a 3rd down Sproles/Leon type.

To me with backs its seeing specific movements and explosion. Powell has that elusive shiftiness whereas McKnight has to stop and then change directions.

McKnight definitely ran hard last night, but he looked more like Cedric Houston than a 3rd down Sproles/Leon type.

Ok, that's fair enough... I can see what you're saying there. I definitely think there's some truth that to an extent he's not exactly the type of player that we necessarily expected when he came out. But what I've tended to notice with him in his limited playing time is he's one of those guys who seems to always manage to get more yards than it really seems like he is, if that makes any sense. He never looks like he's moving ultra fast or juking anyone out of their shoes, but yet he manages to find himself some extra yards more often than not anyway.

More than anything I think the key with Powell and McKnight is going to be they'll both be getting very limited reps early in the year while Greene and LT plow their way through the early regular season, and then those two will be this year's fresh-back combo to be running past and/or over tired down defenses come late into the season and into the playoffs. No one guy is going to be expected to do it all, and I think each of these guys has different ways they can all contribute. I guess we'll have to see how that turns out on that one though.

That's how you measure players on, if they make the NY Jets roster? Wow.

Seems like a solid response to your "somebody better carry the rock" post to me.

You think Greene/Powell/McK/LT wont carry the rock good enough???

Somebody better be able to open holes on the O-line first.

Somebody better step up and carry the rock, another position that lacks depth. LT isn't going to be around forever.

:blink:

Jets probably have one of the deepest sets of RB's in the league. None of them are (current) superstars, but it's a very solid group.

Archived