Patrick Turner

nj meadowlands

His main competition is Michael Campbell who is also 6'5" and blatantly dropped the ball and has looked pretty questionable, Scottie McKnight and Dan Depalma. Depalma is a teeny school guy and I haven't seen him run with the 2s. McKnight has gotten almost no run. Suck or not (and most #5 WRs do) Turner has to be the overwhelming favorite for the slot. Wouldn't be shocked or upset if he doesn't make it, but he's mos likely.

Point is you want your #5 being able to do something well. I haven't seen Turner do anything on ST to date.

Payne you at least recognized on punt and ko coverage almost every kick. Turner doesn't strike me as a hard nosed tackler type, but maybe I'm wrong, just haven't seen it.

Point is you want your #5 being able to do something well. I haven't seen Turner do anything on ST to date.

Payne you at least recognized on punt and ko coverage almost every kick. Turner doesn't strike me as a hard nosed tackler type, but maybe I'm wrong, just haven't seen it.

I agree, but if they were thinking of keeping these guys you'd probably have seen them get some decent run at least with the 2s. McKnight and Depalma haven't seen very much time at WR at all. Campbell did get some run, didn't impress and also did little to nothing on specials. Depalma looked good on specials but I haven't seen him even playing WR and McKnight has done little to nothing anywhere.

I agree, but if they were thinking of keeping these guys you'd probably have seen them get some decent run at least with the 2s. McKnight and Depalma haven't seen very much time at WR at all. Campbell did get some run, didn't impress and also did little to nothing on specials. Depalma looked good on specials but I haven't seen him even playing WR and McKnight has done little to nothing anywhere.

The first time I noticed McWhite doing anything on the field this preseason other than just standing there was Monday when he was in at WR and got absolutely laid out by a jam at the line. It was actually pretty funny. He's definitely not making the active roster, although PS is a strong possibility. With that being the case and Payne's injury potentially complicating things, perhaps DePalma makes it in order to address the Jets apparent need for a white WR.

The first time I noticed McWhite doing anything on the field this preseason other than just standing there was Monday when he was in at WR and got absolutely laid out by a jam at the line. It was actually pretty funny. He's definitely not making the active roster, although PS is a strong possibility. With that being the case and Payne's injury potentially complicating things, perhaps DePalma makes it in order to address the Jets apparent need for a white WR.

I didn't even notice him doing that. I did see him on the field a couple of times in the first two games, but I didn't notice him doing anything. Depalma and Maybin may be the two guys playing for a job tonight. I would imagine that most of the other decisions are made.

Yeah heard that on 1050 not too long after posting that. Sucks for him. If they're only carrying 5 I wonder who is 5. Look, Turner sucks, guys had two decent chances to come down with a hanging fade in the end zone two games in a row and couldn't do it. If he can't use his height to his advantage than I don't know what he's good for. The ball/throw this past game he really should have been able to catch, granted both would have been really nice catches, they weren't easy, but you have to make it happen when you're 6'5 or whatever and trying to make a roster...imo.

Are you thinking of Campbell with the drops? Turner is pretty decent and even got on the field last season.

I didn't even notice him doing that. I did see him on the field a couple of times in the first two games, but I didn't notice him doing anything. Depalma and Maybin may be the two guys playing for a job tonight. I would imagine that most of the other decisions are made.

Yeah and Maybin's run hot and cold from what I've seen. He does have an explosive first step but the offensive tackles can literally extend an arm out to block him. It was kind of interesting watching him and Westerman on the field at the same time 4 qt last game. They were bringing Maybin and dropping Westerman a few times but I liked seeing basically they're two best speed rushers playing off the edge at the same time. Part of me hopes they can keep both on the active roster, Maybin does have speed and quick first step, maybe worth something come 4 qt of a game where the opponents are tired. Best case, like a little bit of a poor man's John Abraham his rookie year.

Are you thinking of Campbell with the drops? Turner is pretty decent and even got on the field last season.

No, it was Turner both times.

I specifically didn't call them drops, they were tough catches...but he (Turner) missed two chances (on sideline fades) in the end zone. One against the Bengals and one last game. Neither were easy catches with the CB right there but hey look, you're 6'5 fighting for a roster spot, you don't have blazing speed or are a great special teamer. Have some better body control and eye-hand and come down with it. Again, a tough grade for what would have been two great catches but it is what it is in the NFL. Make the play or go home.

No, it was Turner both times.

I specifically didn't call them drops, they were tough catches...but he (Turner) missed two chances (on sideline fades) in the end zone. One against the Bengals and one last game. Neither were easy catches with the CB right there but hey look, you're 6'5 fighting for a roster spot, you don't have blazing speed or are a great special teamer. Have some better body control and eye-hand and come down with it. Again, a tough grade for what would have been two great catches but it is what it is in the NFL. Make the play or go home.

Campbell's was a game winning drop in the endzone... so that stood out to me...

Turner looked pretty good on the field in limited time last season...

Archived