Shlauderhoff? Am I missing something?

sirlancemehlot

didn't we spend a draft pick on him? Is he on the team or was he quietly cut? Are they getting him up to speed or does he quietly suck and is getting buried on the depth chart behind Ducasse? Where's he play. What can he do? Waht the ******* **** people!

1. He is worse than Ducasse. Despite all the BS and the cut Ducasse bullsh*t we see on here, Ducasse saw the field first and they went back to Baxter before they tried Schlauderaff. He was there on the sidelines wearing #72 and I'm pretty sure he was active.

2. The guy just joined the team a few weeks ago. By most accounts this is not an easy system and guard is supposed to be more complicated from the zone blocking standpoint. He is a rookie. Give him a chance to spend some time on the team and learn the offense. Remember last year all the whining about Cumberland taking up a roster spot? Now people are sending flowers because he tore his achilles.

1. He is worse than Ducasse. Despite all the BS and the cut Ducasse bullsh*t we see on here, Ducasse saw the field first and they went back to Baxter before they tried Schlauderaff. He was there on the sidelines wearing #72 and I'm pretty sure he was active.

2. The guy just joined the team a few weeks ago. By most accounts this is not an easy system and guard is supposed to be more complicated from the zone blocking standpoint. He is a rookie. Give him a chance to spend some time on the team and learn the offense. Remember last year all the whining about Cumberland taking up a roster spot? Now people are sending flowers because he tore his achilles.

I guess I really think it's bullsh*t! Duplicated for emphasis!

I guess I really think it's bullsh*t! Duplicated for emphasis!

Okay, so he's on the team, still and maybe he can be a backup-type player? Why a draft pick for the guy though? Is he a good value for a 7th or were we desperate? then again, We spent a 7th on Scotty McKnight when Joe Lefeged was still available. Joe is on the field for the colts at safety tonight. Guess we didn't need help at safety. Scotty was the wise choice.

!!!!!!!!TANNENBAUM!!!!!!!

Okay, so he's on the team, still and maybe he can be a backup-type player? Why a draft pick for the guy though? Is he a good value for a 7th or were we desperate? then again, We spent a 7th on Scotty McKnight when Joe Lefeged was still available. Joe is on the field for the colts at safety tonight. Guess we didn't need help at safety. Scotty was the wise choice.

Being on the field for the Colts defense is not particularly impressive.

A 7th round pick next year is essentially equivalent to an 8th round pick next year. In other words, they gave up nothing to get him.

Complaining about the position we are currently in is fine. Complaining about 7th round draft picks not making the team is silly. Cursingour GM because our team is underperforming doesn't make much sense to me. You wouldn't be so upset if you didn't think they were close. If they are a super bowl contender, then why bash the GM? I can see not being happy with some of the risks, but every team besides the Packers and Lions has looked horrid at some point this season. The world and the season aren't over despite what you and Jimmy might think.

I give up. You must be drunk or tired from busting crackheads. You're speaking in tongues.

Why can't I be both?

What I was saying was Cro was also a conditional draft pick, turned out to be a second rounder and we all but sent him packing to go after Aso. Tanny spends draft picks like a drunken sailor. A seventh, conditional or not, would be a waste if the guy doesn't play for us. Still annoyed we dropped a 7th on Scotty when we could have grabbed Herzlich or Lefeged. Anyway I'm on a Tanny bashing kick. I've got to run with it. Sometimes it just feels right, you know. So be a pal and humor me.

the practice squad is for projects not the active roster !!!

if a guy can't play this week, why have him on the roster ?

so we have 2 o-lineman who can't play on the actie roster, and a decimated o-line desperate for depth

tanny gambled and has come up snake eyes

so we have 2 o-lineman who can't play on the actie roster, and a decimated o-line desperate for depth

!!!!!TANNENBAUM!!!!!

thank you, Lars

Why can't I be both?

What I was saying was Cro was also a conditional draft pick, turned out to be a second rounder and we all but sent him packing to go after Aso. Tanny spends draft picks like a drunken sailor. A seventh, conditional or not, would be a waste if the guy doesn't play for us. Still annoyed we dropped a 7th on Scotty when we could have grabbed Herzlich or Lefeged. Anyway I'm on a Tanny bashing kick. I've got to run with it. Sometimes it just feels right, you know. So be a pal and humor me.

You don't give up a pick if he doesn't play. Hence the conditional tag. You're a smart dude and this is fairly simple, there's no way you don't get this. So fine...bash away.

the Jets keep 2 OL active cause what if 2 guys get hurt? Ducasse is the 1st man in and Caleb S is the 2nd. if a 3rd gets hurt they move Mulligan to OL or some other desperation move. but like the 3rd QB it doesn't usually come to that.

some teams carry 9 OL and they aren't much better situation (the eagles). If Rex wants 10 OLB they can't keep a ton of OL on the active roster.

the Jets keep 2 OL active cause what if 2 guys get hurt? Ducasse is the 1st man in and Caleb S is the 2nd. if a 3rd gets hurt they move Mulligan to OL or some other desperation move. but like the 3rd QB it doesn't usually come to that.

some teams carry 9 OL and they aren't much better situation (the eagles). If Rex wants 10 OLB they can't keep a ton of OL on the active roster.

if they can't get in the game last sunday night, they never will. if that wasn't an emergency, I don't know what is

ducasse is useless, and schderblows is a project at best

they would have been better off punting on 1st down and hoping for a muffed return, it was literally that bad

You don't give up a pick if he doesn't play. Hence the conditional tag. You're a smart dude and this is fairly simple, there's no way you don't get this. So fine...bash away.

You overestimate my intelligence. And for that, i thank you. But seriously, i just wanted to know (before this thread took a left turn) if this guy can give us some depth, maybe an answer to our backup dilemna. If he was worth a draft pick, maybe he is a decent lineman? does anyone know? That was my original question and intention.

You overestimate my intelligence. And for that, i thank you. But seriously, i just wanted to know (before this thread took a left turn) if this guy can give us some depth, maybe an answer to our backup dilemna. If he was worth a draft pick, maybe he is a decent lineman? does anyone know? That was my original question and intention.

He's OK. Decent long-term prospect, nothing worth gushing over in the short-term. He was actually pretty bad during preseason, particularly in pass protection where we certainly do not need any more of that. Green Bay took the chance because they'd demoted him to 3rd string anyways and knew how thin we were with Turner out and Ducasse sucking. But Callahan and Tannenbaum were high on him in the spring and believe they can coach him up, so the opportunity presented itself and they decided what the hell. Just not for the purpose of playing him right now. The reason it comes off as weird is because the depth of the entire line is nothing but young projects right now, and they all seem the same, but they're not interchangeable. Baxter is unquestionably the better of them. Meaning there's no point in sticking the guy in and throwing a 7th rounder, which is conditional on if he plays or not, down the drain just to confirm the fact that he wasn't ready, which you already knew.

I don't have any particular knowledge of the guy, but it's not too hard to read between the lines. He was a draft pick of the Packers. Even people that want to rip Mike T should admit the Pack is pretty good with personnel. He was a 6th round pick. Any pick that late is basically a crap shoot and they elected to cut ties with the pick, so he obviously hasn't been tearing it up. The Packers are humming along and just won the super bowl, so I'd assume they have other solid OLine options and some quality players that they don't want to cut. Camp was short, so he could be a quality player that was really hurt by the lack of time to get acclimated to the team and the NFL game. These guys and even moreso UDFAs are the ones most hurt by the lockout. The fact that they elected to go with Ducasse and then went back to Baxter without Schlauderaff getting in the game means that he is obviously far from ready. The day they traded for him Rex mentioned that he "could" snap, but they would probably put him at guard and slide Slausson if anything were to happen to Mangold. It can't be a good sign that they went with Ducasse who has presumably been working at tackle and obviously is a mess himself.

Here is a good report on him from Bassett's site written back when we made the trade:.

. http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/09/03/bga-special-scouting-caleb-schlauderaff/

Another report from Gang Green Nation.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2011/9/3/2403219/new-york-jets-trade-for-caleb-schlauderaff

Bassett's stuff is good he does a play by play of his preseason performances. The kid comes from the Mountain West so it will probably be some time for him to adjust to the NFL game.

Archived