Kris Jenkins "Take the handcuffs off Sanchez"

bkjetfan

I agree with Jenkins. Here are Sanchez's stats for this year so far...

vs. Dallas: 26/44 - 59.1% - 335yrds - 2TDs - 1int - 88.7 rating

vs. Jacksonville: 17/24 - 70.8% - 182yrds - 2TDs - 2int - 85.8 rating

vs. Oakland: 27/44 - 61.4% - 369yrds - 2TDs - 1int - 93.8 rating

vs. Baltimore: 11/35 - 31.4% - 119yrds - 0TDs - 1int - 2 fumbles lost for TDs 30.5 rating

Now remember, Mangold was out and Sanchez got dropped 10 times this game with no protection running for his life in Baltimore.

vs. New England: 16/26 - 61.5% - 166yrds - 2TDs - 0int - 105.6 rating

The Baltimore game is the game they all said Sanchez was "regressing" meaning getting worse. You can't possibly judge how he's playing this season by one game. According to his previous career stats at 54.5% completion, he's actually progressing real good if you total up all 5 games so far but the play calling isn't helping him either.

1. He has no running game, lets face it, we all see that 1 or 2 yard gain on 1st and 2nd down, that does not help Sanchez.

2. Yes he still throws some dumb picks and even I hate him for making dumb decisions sometimes but you have to take the cuffs off! Like Kris Jenkins said, "Take the handcuffs off, Let the man make his mistakes, Let him do it as a man! The only way you can get better as a man, is to be treated as a man!". You can't have someone progress or get better after his 3rd year without having an "opportunity" to get better. He's the leader of the team, you have to treat him like it. He's not as good as Brady, Payton, Brees, and all the elite QB's but you have to let the man do what he does and give him that chance. Think of it as you have a kid, and you want him to do great at what ever he does, but then you have someone whispering in your ear "don't mess it up". How do you learn what the kid really has unless you let him do what he does and make him learn from his "own" mistakes.

3. I'm not a big fan of Schotty at all. I can call 70% of the plays he dials up when I see a formation. Change it up! Start off Shotgun No Huddle.. face it! Other teams have already figured out the JETS offense!. Even L.T. said "opposing players already know when we're going to run the ball". Same old 3 step drop, quick slant 5 yards, 7 yards. A good OC has to play to his players strengths and form a gameplan that better suits them. Not just create his own system and expect them to execute everything flawlessly.

4. Adjust Adjust Adjust. Even Holmes said we dont know how to adjust. Say your playing defense, and your the defensive coordinator and the opposing team is going 5 wide and your blitzing every down getting beat big play after big play, what do you do? you Adjust right? and play a pass defense. Simple as that. Schotty has the same plays over and over and over again thinking its going to work and it never does. Your playing a 32nd rank pass D in the Patriots, and yeah you want to get your running game back. But you only throw the ball more then 15-20yrds 2 times the whole game when you have Plaxico, Holmes, and Keller? Really? Can you really blame Sanchez for that? In that Patriots game, Sanchez started off the 4th quarter down by 13 in Shotgun... 15 yard gain or something like that on 1st down... then they run in 2 times in a row. Amazing

Everyone wants to blame the QB because they get all the glory if they win, all the blame if they lose, but you really gotta give the man a shot and TAKE OFF THE CUFFS! when obviously he's getting better according to the stats this season. Face it, we are not going to the Superbowl with the defense playing how it is, and the running game being what it is. The QB has to lead you there in this league now and restricting him and being a game manager is not the way to go.

Archived