Bellichick Releases Leigh Bodden

JonEJet

Belichick and his "brilliance" is the result of Brady playing for his team

JonE what brilliant coach is not a benefit of a great QB?

People are calling Bill Walsh a genius in one sentence and then saying he wanted to get rid of Montana in another. If he is such a great evaluator of talent does that make sense? No.

Whether he wanted Simms coming out of college is a non-point. He went 4th(?). The 49ers drafted 29th and then 82nd. He was not on their realistic radar.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riddle me this Batman? How many playoff victories has Beli guided your team to since 2008? Everything prior to that was tainted...see below.

11 wins with Cassel...does that make Beli a genius in your eyes? Joe Walton's led the Jets 11 wins one year as well but at least I realize Joe was a flawed coach...you seem to want to place Beli into the genius category when all he did was luck out with Brady ...by your logic George Seifert must have been another coaching genius.

"The pervasive fallout from Belichick's Spy-Gate conviction is this: For every one of the three Super Bowls he won with New England and for every genius coaching move he's made along the way, he has now added an asterisk the size of the one that will forever sit next to Barry Bonds' name in the baseball record book."

Fat Rex claims he copies BB more than any other NFL HC.

Belichick is a 1st ballot HOFer.

I'll refer to my previous quote which you obviously didn't read...Belichick coaching record only stopped sucking when he lucked into Brady...add into his resume the zero championships with Brady or otherwise since they took away the cameras...=...the dynasty you thought you saw was blocked out by the asterisk created by "genius" Bill Belichick.

"The pervasive fallout from Belichick's Spy-Gate conviction is this: For every one of the three Super Bowls he won with New England and for every genius coaching move he's made along the way, he has now added an asterisk the size of the one that will forever sit next to Barry Bonds' name in the baseball record book."

It is funny I have yet to see this asterisk you talk of. The only 'Nation' besides your own that whines about it is Steeler Nation which is funny considering their syringe filled past.

I do not see one here in the standings: http://www.nfl.com/s...dings/superbowl

Or here in the history: http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

And what would Walsh's record have been if only 80 teams passed on Montana? Probably not genius level with Deberg.

It is not lack of cameras, but a loss of talent.

Fat Rex claims he copies BB more than any other NFL HC.

Belichick is a 1st ballot HOFer.

Do you seriously believe everything Rex tells the media, or just the smoke he blows about Beli...

The HOF vote should get interesting when the body of work is complete...

It is funny I have yet to see this asterisk you talk of. The only 'Nation' besides your own that whines about it is Steeler Nation which is funny considering their syringe filled past.

I do not see one here in the standings: http://www.nfl.com/s...dings/superbowl

Or here in the history: http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

And what would Walsh's record have been if only 80 teams passed on Montana? Probably not genius level with Deberg.

Wild eyed homerism is distorting your view...to repair...see an Ophthalmologyist or jump on the Dolphags bandwagon when the get Luck.

Wild eyed homerism is distorting your view...to repair...see an Ophthalmologyist or jump on the Dolphags bandwagon when the get Luck.

And your green tinted glasses do not distort your point of view? Okay.

No one cares.

Stop being a sheep and think for yourself.

While the Patriots' D as it is constituted now will likely keep them from a title, do you want to bet your life on it? Doubtful.

I'll assume you want to bet your internet life on the Pats winning the Super Bowl with that defense...care to bet?

Pats win Super Bowl following this season I'll leave the JN football forum.

Pats do not win the Super Bowl following this season you leave the JN football forum.

Deal?

Doubtful? Where's your confidence now? Must have lost it after watching that putrid performance.

And your green tinted glasses do not distort your point of view? Okay.

No one cares.

Stop being a sheep and think for yourself.

People care...

So if he agreed with you he wouldn't be a sheep?

He is spewing the same old rhetoric. Do you have two accounts? ;)

I'll assume you want to bet your internet life on the Pats winning the Super Bowl with that defense...care to bet?

Pats win Super Bowl following this season I'll leave the JN football forum.

Pats do not win the Super Bowl following this season you leave the JN football forum.

Deal?

Doubtful? Where's your confidence now? Must have lost it after watching that putrid performance.

People care...

As I said earlier in this thread, I doubt they do as it is constructed. I would dam sure not bet on it this year.

With that being said, if the Patriots can put a D on the field, even one that average to slightly above average, they will contend for a Superbowl before Tom retires/leaves.

However, if it continues to, "can't stop a nose bleed" the latter part of Tom's career will look like Marino's.

He is spewing the same old rhetoric. Do you have two accounts? ;)

As I said earlier in this thread, I doubt they do as it is constructed. I would dam sure not bet on it this year.

With that being said, if the Patriots can put a D on the field, even one that average to slightly above average, they will contend for a Superbowl before Tom retires/leaves.

However, if it continues to, "can't stop a nose bleed" the latter part of Tom's career will look like Marino's.

Same old rhetoric? The Pats cheated. The titles are tainted. That ain't rhetoric, that's reality.

I couldn't agree more with the second part of your post, though. If, and its a huge "if" right now, the Pats put together a pretty good defense in the next few years they will legitimately contend for another title before Brady retires.

But based on the downward spiraling trend of their defensive performance over the past several years, Pats fans can't really have all that much hope, can they. I mean that D just seems to keep getting worse and worse. When was the last time the Pats showed a real, discernable improvement on the defensive side of the ball? Its been so long I honestly can't remember.

Archived