The AFC at the halfway point of the season

Gainzo

Interesting take coming from a staunch Schotty hater...because I see this as just the opposite. I think Rex is extra focused against the Ravens and the proof is in the pudding. We ******* dominate them defensively every time we face them.

Schotty on the other hand in 3 contests has orchestrated 1 TD vs. them...granted he's playing with Sanchez and Clemens...but either way. Its not Rex's D that has let us down in those games.

They just own us and I really thought having the mastermind behind their defense on our side, that we'd figure out how to counter what they do.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not giving Schotty a pass, as I said, he's absolutely one of the biggest problems with this team against the Ravens (or at any other time for that matter). That said, even by Schotty's standards the game plans against the Ravens have been beyond absurd, and given the way we've heard Rex talking about them going into each of those games, it's hard to say he's blameless, as much as I would certainly like to. That said, the Jets offense was at it's absolute rock bottom in that game, so it's possible it was just bad timing of an awful offense against a good defense. But you're right, you certainly can't criticize much about the defensive performances in either of those games. It's just that the offense was really that unbelievably bad.

Normally I'd laugh at you and say, we'll, what did he do 3 weeks ago...but I wont because I think the Jets are playing that much better Football right now. The Jets are a better Football team than the Pats. Hands down. I honestly dont even think its close.

The difference. They have Brady we have Sanchez.

While I agree Brady hasnt looked himself, he's still been there done that and he's got the experience to overcome adversity. I'm not as confident as I've been last past few weeks...but I'm still pretty damn sure the Jets win this game. I just cant see this defense letting the team down at home with a chance to finally choke out the Pats. And because their defense is terrible, I'm not worried about the model.

yep, jets are better everywhere but TE/QB... Brady doesn't look good, but he's still brady, so hard to be too confident..

also re: Brady, I specifically said defenses like ours.. Teams that are content to sit back in a cover 2, without the ability to generate rush from the front 4 will be eaten for breakfast

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not giving Schotty a pass, as I said, he's absolutely one of the biggest problems with this team against the Ravens (or at any other time for that matter). That said, even by Schotty's standards the game plans against the Ravens have been beyond absurd, and given the way we've heard Rex talking about them going into each of those games, it's hard to say he's blameless, as much as I would certainly like to. That said, the Jets offense was at it's absolute rock bottom in that game, so it's possible it was just bad timing of an awful offense against a good defense. But you're right, you certainly can't criticize much about the defensive performances in either of those games. It's just that the offense was really that unbelievably bad.

This years game, was just the worst timing ever. OL was playing like sh*t, Mangold was hurt, Colin Baxter was our only option, Hunter was still a victim of space jam, run game was nonexistent...bad bad bad.

Still completely inexcusable. That was one of the worst offensive performances I've ever seen. And I've said that way too many times under Schotty.

yep, jets are better everywhere but TE/QB... Brady doesn't look good, but he's still brady, so hard to be too confident..

also re: Brady, I specifically said defenses like ours.. Teams that are content to sit back in a cover 2, without the ability to generate rush from the front 4 will be eaten for breakfast

Agreed. We werent aggressive enough vs. him last game. It was almost like Rex rolled out there with the same game plan as the playoff game and the Pats decided to run this time. In the playoffs, they threw 45 times and ran the ball 24 times. Last game, this season, he threw 33 and they ran 34 times. Basically take what the Jets were giving. We were daring them to run and they did. I also think adjusting to no Bryan Thomas hurt in that game. He's the guy that can play coverage and run in those packages.

pats are going to finish 12-4

have you seen their schedule ?

That's like saying if the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday Night... We'll finish 13-3. Have you not seen our schedule after NE?

@ Denver.

vs Bills.

@ Redskins.

vs Chiefs.

@ Eagles.

vs Giants.

@ Dolphins.

If the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday, meaning the Patriots are on a 3 game losing streak... I highly doubt they'll go 7-0 during the rest of the season; regardless of how easy their schedule may be.

That's like saying if the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday Night... We'll finish 13-3. Have you not seen our schedule after NE?

@ Denver.

vs Bills.

@ Redskins.

vs Chiefs.

@ Eagles.

vs Giants.

@ Dolphins.

If the Jets beat the Patriots this Sunday, meaning the Patriots are on a 3 game losing streak... I highly doubt they'll go 7-0 during the rest of the season; regardless of how easy their schedule may be.

So will the Jets win the AFCE?

So will the Jets win the AFCE?

I hope so. Haha! With the easy schedule this year, the winner of the AFCe should definitely get a bye. The Jets could use a bye.

The AFCw is wide open. If Denver can beat San Diego the next time they play, they're right there in the thick of it. I think they have the easiest schedule the rest of the way in that division.

Archived