Tanny is a Loser

lancemehl

He was healthy and inactive this past week. Harbaugh gave a "I don't want to talk about him" type answer.

This is now the 3rd team in 3 years who hasn't exactly fallen in love with Braylon. What do a few fans see that 3 franchises are blind to?

I have not followed the NFL as closely as I normally would as i am out on vacation.

But the box score shows him on the receiving stats. So i am sure he was on the field.

Everyone knows he had the injury and knee procedure earlier in the season. So as i said his best is not good enough.

At the end of the day, we do not have a deep threat this season!

I have not followed the NFL as closely as I normally would as i am out on vacation.

But the box score shows him on the receiving stats. So i am sure he was on the field.

Everyone knows he had the injury and knee procedure earlier in the season. So as i said his best is not good enough.

At the end of the day, we do not have a deep threat this season!

I was looking at week 15.

Braylon Edwards was benched in Week 15 for performance, not injury-related reasons.

"Just based on the practices and the games," coach Jim Harbaugh explained when asked why Edwards wasn't one of San Francisco's three wide receivers who played against the Steelers. "We'll see with Ted (Ginn), but I think Braylon should be ready to go and (I) look for a good week of practice there." We'd be surprised if the 49ers made any attempt to re-sign Edwards this spring.

Source: CSN Bay Area

I find it difficult to rationalize this anything other than this being Harbaugh's nice way of saying he thinks Edwards stinks.

I don't understand what all the cries are. Tannenbaum got this one right instead of another giant contract to anyone willing to play for the Jets. He let someone go into free agency, without a huge contract, before he turned awful.

2 lost fumbles which is a lot for a WR. Drops I will have to look up.

So in 16 games including the playoffs he lost 2 fumbles and thats an "issue"....

I'll wait for those drop numbers because so far it just seems like you're picking on Holmes right now because as of late he's exposed himself to criticism. However, to make it an "issue" is totally outrageous.

I was looking at week 15.

Braylon Edwards was benched in Week 15 for performance, not injury-related reasons.

"Just based on the practices and the games," coach Jim Harbaugh explained when asked why Edwards wasn't one of San Francisco's three wide receivers who played against the Steelers. "We'll see with Ted (Ginn), but I think Braylon should be ready to go and (I) look for a good week of practice there." We'd be surprised if the 49ers made any attempt to re-sign Edwards this spring.

Source: CSN Bay Area

I find it difficult to rationalize this anything other than this being Harbaugh's nice way of saying he thinks Edwards stinks.

I don't understand what all the cries are. Tannenbaum got this one right instead of another giant contract to anyone willing to play for the Jets. He let someone go into free agency, without a huge contract, before he turned awful.

Brings us back to the point who is our deep threat. There is no deep threat on this team this season. Period.

How do we know if Braylon would have suffered the same injury over here and would have been ineffective as a result.

At the end of the day this team lost its deep threat and did not find a replacement who could stretch the field.

Brings us back to the point who is our deep threat. There is no deep threat on this team this season. Period.

How do we know if Braylon would have suffered the same injury over here and would have been ineffective as a result.

At the end of the day this team lost its deep threat and did not find a replacement who could stretch the field.

C'mon. Sanchez would still suck. We don't go deep in part because the OL is giving him less time, but Sanchez rarely buys himself extra time plus he's still so inaccurate. Holmes can go deep with Plaxico in more of a possession role. The problem is Sanchez. The Jets figured the solution to minimizing his interceptions is don't let him throw it far. I think it's a stupid philosophy, as it only makes the offense even easier to defend, but Sanchez put them into this corner with his extensive limitations.

C'mon. Sanchez would still suck. We don't go deep in part because the OL is giving him less time, but Sanchez rarely buys himself extra time plus he's still so inaccurate. Holmes can go deep with Plaxico in more of a possession role. The problem is Sanchez. The Jets figured the solution to minimizing his interceptions is don't let him throw it far. I think it's a stupid philosophy, as it only makes the offense even easier to defend, but Sanchez put them into this corner with his extensive limitations.

There is a difference between can go deep and being a legit deep threat.

Really ? How many of Sanchez's interceptions have happened when throwing deep. The 35 to 40 plus yard throw variety ? Most of his interceptions are in the intermediate distance range. Its the lack of deep threat that puts the JETS offense into this corner

That is right on the money. As noted in the past, not being able to stretch the field does shrink the turf the opposing defenses have to defend.

I've always loved Tanny and I still do. This roster is loaded with talent. He can only give the coaches the players. He can't do everything.

Now the drama queens will scream and shout about his draft "misses" but guess what? Welcome to NFL fandom. Every GM has hits and misses. That's life. Tanny has built the most successful Jets team I've seen in my 24 years as a fan. I'm not jumping ship on the guy now.

Archived