bill polian

spjets

Well, the mess is his fault.

He put the team together.

While, no one expected the Colts to be a 12 win team without Peyton, a 2 win team is inexcusable.

I am surprised Caldwell has not been fired.

****.. Irsay is a flake and might keep both manning and luck

I do not see how.

Peyton is due a 28 million bonus in March. That makes him uncuttable for at least three years.

That is a lot of money to give a guy when he is clearly not the future.

I do not see how.

Peyton is due a 28 million bonus in March. That makes him uncuttable for at least three years.

That is a lot of money to give a guy when he is clearly not the future.

Me either, but everything irsay has said makes it sound like manning will be there.. Which I think if your keeping manning, you deal the number 1 to gear up for 1 last sb push..

Source: Polians out with Colts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7414912/polians-relieved-duties-indianapolis-colts-source-says

ESPN.com news services

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian are out in Indianapolis, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

A Colts spokesman had no comment on the report and said there would be a news conference at 5 p.m. ET.

The Colts (2-14) finished with fewer than three wins for only the second time since moving to Indianapolis in 1984, and fans have been calling for the ouster of the Polians and coach Jim Caldwell.

Polian joined the Colts in 1998. During his time with the team the Colts went to the postseason 10 times and played in two Super Bowls, winning one by beating the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.

Peyton Manning missed the entire season because of neck surgery. Without its franchise quarterback, Indianapolis' streak of eight straight postseason appearances ended with a thud.

Manning had neck surgery Sept. 8, the third and most invasive procedure he'd had in 19 months. Doctors fused two of Manning's vertebrae together, hoping that would fix a damaged nerve that caused weakness in Manning's throwing arm.

With Manning, many expected the Colts to be a Super Bowl contender again with the possibility that the championship game would be a home game as Indianapolis is hosting the game in February.

Without him, Indianapolis went through three different quarterbacks, lost its first 13 games and wound up with the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft -- the first time they've had that selection since 1998 when they chose Manning over Ryan Leaf.

Me either, but everything irsay has said makes it sound like manning will be there.. Which I think if your keeping manning, you deal the number 1 to gear up for 1 last sb push..

I hear you, but how much do you sacrifice by keeping him?

28 million is a huge price to pay even if it is spread over the last three years of the contract. Then you tie up another 25-30 million in Luck.

It will be hard for this team to re-build with ~30 million tied up in QBs. You Peyton will want Reggie back so he has a target.

They will be good with Peyton as QB, but it will be hard to challenge the AFC elite much less a stronger and deeper NFC team in the Superbowl.

Archived