Jets Contract expirations, who should stay and who should go...

Freemanm

See here! That's just not true.

Do you really think Turner can do what Plaxico does that? Or do you just prefer the flexiblity of getting younger at WR?

Nah, I was kidding. I don't think Turner is Plax.. not right now anyways. You hit it right on the head. Youth. Plax didn't look "hungry", and he definitely looked slow. There's something to be said for a young man who knows struggle in the league. I would love to see some youth get a chance at doing some things for this team. Tired of "big" names that are on the wrong side of thirty.

Nah, I was kidding. I don't think Turner is Plax.. not right now anyways. You hit it right on the head. Youth. Plax didn't look "hungry", and he definitely looked slow. There's something to be said for a young man who knows struggle in the league. I would love to see some youth get a chance at doing some things for this team. Tired of "big" names that are on the wrong side of thirty.

He came back after 2-3 full seasons from jail and caught 8 TD passes from 3rd year Mark Sanchez.

Sure he's not a YAC threat anymore, but as a posession guy the guy is nasty. There were some sick Plaxico catches this year. My favorite was the pluck he pulled in Denver. Had they won the game that catch would have been a thing here, but since they lost that catch is lost in the annals. His rep, like Holmes', is simply still going through what I like to call "that bullsh*t." Their case seems to stem from playing with a crappy QB on a disappointing team.

He came back after 2-3 full seasons from jail and caught 8 TD passes from 3rd year Mark Sanchez.

Sure he's not a YAC threat anymore, but as a posession guy the guy is nasty. There were some sick Plaxico catches this year. My favorite was the pluck he pulled in Denver. Had they won the game that catch would have been a thing here, but since they lost that catch is lost in the annals. His rep, like Holmes', is simply still going through what I like to call "that bullsh*t." Their case seems to stem from playing with a crappy QB on a disappointing team.

I am not a Burress fan, but there is no denying his contribution in the red. Time in prison isn't really what I would consider a good excuse, especially when someone is this late into their career. I don't think next season will show him producing anymore.

And the biggest knock, is he is almost invisible outside the red zone. I would of course like him back for a cheap... BUT NOT as our number 2. Thats just ridiculous.

I am not a Burress fan, but there is no denying his contribution in the red. Time in prison isn't really what I would consider a good excuse, especially when someone is this late into their career. I don't think next season will show him producing anymore.

And the biggest knock, is he is almost invisible outside the red zone. I would of course like him back for a cheap... BUT NOT as our number 2. Thats just ridiculous.

Why? That would be one hell of a dropoff.

I don't think that's too terrible a knock, especially since the red zone is such an important place.

Why? That would be one hell of a dropoff.

I don't think that's too terrible a knock, especially since the red zone is such an important place.

I am saying that if he was younger, time in prison could be a decent reason that we could see more growth in a new season. But at his age, I think he is what he is now. I just can't imagine he will be producing a ton more than he did this past season. Basically, this past seasons production was an anomaly, and not the starting point.

I agree. IF he is kept in the right role... and thats not a number 2, in my humble opinion.

I am saying that if he was younger, time in prison could be a decent reason that we could see more growth in a new season. But at his age, I think he is what he is now. I just can't imagine he will be producing a ton more than he did this past season. Basically, this past seasons production was an anomaly, and not the starting point.

I agree. IF he is kept in the right role... and thats not a number 2, in my humble opinion.

No the reason he'd be better is better QB play. What he is now is a possession beast who can catch TDs like a muhfcka.

His role isn't as a #2, I agree with that. That said, he's pretty gd dominant at what he still can do, and what he still can do is really productive so he's a tough decision for the FO. I would look to keep him and bring in another significant WR talent anyway.

Archived