What gives?

Garb

So, being Superbowl week and all....I've been inclined to read some of the New York rags. I've always been of the opinion that the NY Sports media is negative and pessimistic and all sorts of bad because of the various articles I have read about the Jets. Well, much to my surprise, I have read nothing but the most homer-ific articles regarding the Giants. The Post is especially ridiculous.

Anyway, what gives? Why do the Jets get the azzhole Cimini's of the world and the Giants seem to have the entire Post, etc in their pockets?

So, being Superbowl week and all....I've been inclined to read some of the New York rags. I've always been of the opinion that the NY Sports media is negative and pessimistic and all sorts of bad because of the various articles I have read about the Jets. Well, much to my surprise, I have read nothing but the most homer-ific articles regarding the Giants. The Post is especially ridiculous.

Anyway, what gives? Why do the Jets get the azzhole Cimini's of the world and the Giants seem to have the entire Post, etc in their pockets?

Somebody has to be Marsha. Somebody has to be Jan.

I'm really not trying to be a dickhead Giants fan, but the Giants are getting positive press because they're in the Superbowl again and have won it in recent memory.

It's really not that hard to understand. Go look at Jet's and Giants headlines from week 2 of the season and see how positive the articles were. Seriously dude: Eli sucks, Coughlin needs to be fired mid season, Kevin Killdrive needs to be executed in public, Mara's a moron, Osi is washed up, JPP is a bust, etc, etc. And meanwhile the superbowl is absolutely going to be Jets vs. The Eagles.

I'm really not trying to be a dickhead Giants fan, but the Giants are getting positive press because they're in the Superbowl again and have won it in recent memory.

It's really not that hard to understand. Go look at Jet's and Giants headlines from week 2 of the season and see how positive the articles were. Seriously dude: Eli sucks, Coughlin needs to be fired mid season, Kevin Killdrive needs to be executed in public, Mara's a moron, Osi is washed up, JPP is a bust, etc, etc. And meanwhile the superbowl is absolutely going to be Jets vs. The Eagles.

This. The papers in New York are the biggest bunch of bandwagoners ever. Last two years its been nothing but Rex is a genius.

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

Archived