Moving up in Round 2

Be_a_Jet

It seems that in many mock drafts we are just shy a few picks of some major contributors. I find myself looking at some 2nd rd mock drafts and hoping some players would fall, but what if we moved up?It seems that in many mock drafts these players are only a few picks away from us (what a tease). Some names come to mind like Andre Branch, Reuben Randle, Alshon Jeferey, Kendricks, Massie, and some others i think. All these players could make some major contributions but I cant quite think of the likelihood of trading up, whether is be slim to none or very possible. Although I do get a feeling that Tanny&Co will be straight shooters with this years draft. What do you guys think?

Well I think there's a good chance at least one of those players falls to #47, so if they just want one of them it probably wouldn't hurt to stand pat and one of them would likely slip. I do like quite a few of those players though and it would be great to add one of them with a second round pick. Trading up in the second round could be a little complicated, since they have no fourth round pick. Taking future picks out of the equation, giving up their third round pick in a deal would get them into the late first round (29/30 range) and the fifth round pick would only move them up a few slots.

One possibility would be trading the second and third round picks for a higher second round pick and a fourth round pick, which would get them into the 36/37 range and could make sense if they really love one of those guys. Also if they don't love the options at 16 and for some reason Cleveland wants to move up they could probably get #22, #37, and a fourth round pick for #16 and #47. Would be nice to only move down a few slots, move up to the early second, and get back a fourth round pick that they no longer have.

Well I think there's a good chance at least one of those players falls to #47, so if they just want one of them it probably wouldn't hurt to stand pat and one of them would likely slip. I do like quite a few of those players though and it would be great to add one of them with a second round pick. Trading up in the second round could be a little complicated, since they have no fourth round pick. Taking future picks out of the equation, giving up their third round pick in a deal would get them into the late first round (29/30 range) and the fifth round pick would only move them up a few slots.

One possibility would be trading the second and third round picks for a higher second round pick and a fourth round pick, which would get them into the 36/37 range and could make sense if they really love one of those guys. Also if they don't love the options at 16 and for some reason Cleveland wants to move up they could probably get #22, #37, and a fourth round pick for #16 and #47. Would be nice to only move down a few slots, move up to the early second, and get back a fourth round pick that they no longer have.

Really like what you said. I supposes what it really comes down to is how bad they want the player. Some of those players I first posted sure seem like they may be worth trading our 2nd and 3rd (while receiving a 4th). This is all contingent on many other variables of course like who we pick in the rd 1 and who is on the board etc...but I think this is a good discussion, Andre Branch and Randle are two I would like to reach for, IMO

I don't want to sound like a dumb fan throwing a bunch of picks for a player with a name. Believe me, I think with all the picks we have we will turn up with something from the late rounds..but this is simply a perspective I haven't heard spoken about yet and want to know what the possibilities or feelings about it is. Nonetheless it's also a fair chance one of the players in my first post does fall.

It seems that in many mock drafts we are just shy a few picks of some major contributors. I find myself looking at some 2nd rd mock drafts and hoping some players would fall, but what if we moved up?It seems that in many mock drafts these players are only a few picks away from us (what a tease). Some names come to mind like Andre Branch, Reuben Randle, Alshon Jeferey, Kendricks, Massie, and some others i think. All these players could make some major contributions but I cant quite think of the likelihood of trading up, whether is be slim to none or very possible. Although I do get a feeling that Tanny&Co will be straight shooters with this years draft. What do you guys think?

Guys always slip. I bet several of the guys you'd hope to be there for the Jets in the second round are in fact there but the Jets will pass.

The same thing seems to happen every year.

Archived