CBGB' clubs safe until Oct 2006

faba

New Deal Keeps N.Y. Punk Venue CBGB Open By LARRY McSHANE, Associated Press Writer

Thu Dec 8, 9:08 AM ET

NEW YORK - The legendary punk venue CBGB, known as the launching pad for influential bands such as the Ramones and Talking Heads, announced an agreement with its landlord Wednesday to keep the club's doors open through October 2006, when it must move.

ADVERTISEMENT

CBGB's lease expired in August, with the landlord announcing it wanted the club out after a five-year fight. But Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office helped reach an agreement that avoided a court battle with the Bowery Residents Committee, a homeless advocacy group that owns the lease on the property.

"It's been little stipulations, back and forth

Does the fact that Faba posted this scare anyone else? Smizzy yes...I would expect that. But not Faba.

:mrgreen:

Anyone even remotely into music has gone to CBGB's once I would think from New York/New Jersey area-punk rockers unite Max

Anyone even remotely into music has gone to CBGB's once I would think from New York/New Jersey area-punk rockers unite Max

I don't know Frank. I picture you, some roofies and the rest I can't type here!

:wink:

I used to go there, not for the tunes, but I had free reign over the big screen downstairs. It was my own private sports bar, and they did have some talent working the bar down there. Guess I'll have to make a pilgrimage for old times sake. Maybe I can catch Patti Smith again.

Archived