Everyone's favorite, Evan Silva's Q&A Jet preview with the Jet Report

Matt39

Maybe you can do me a favor? If I post some raving nonsensical article about the Jets but get super critical and include such buzz phrases as "Mark Sanchez is not the answer!", "Shonn Greene is an underachieving plodder!", and "Mike Tannenbaum can't draft!", maybe you can circulate it around the internet for me??? I'd LOVE to be published!!

no one asked you to click the thread or read the article. For future reference, just put my posts on ignore to save yourself the time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy. I missed four pages of this? I don't have a problem with any of the guys complaints about the Jets as a team, but I fail to see how their ceiling is one game WORSE than they were last year. I could see expecting an earlier meltdown in the lockers, a regression by Sanchez, inability to ground and pound, but why exactly are they guaranteed worse? He dismisses the defense by saying they don't have any certified pass rushers and that they will "play good defense" without admitting that they played well enough to be 8-8 last year and added a ton of draft picks and a few free agents. They didn't upgrade at safety? Maybe Landry is hurt all year, but that still will basically replace Leonhard and Pool was crap in 2011. This guy thinks they will sh*t the bed and there is plenty of reason to think they might, but I don't see any reason they are surefire worse than last year. This isn't the 2011 Colts losing Peyton.

If Silva really thinks that the Jets upside is 7-9, I want some of what he's been smoking.

If the upside is less wins than they have ever had under Rex, then I expect you to explain how the team got worse in the off-season. He didn't. Fail.

I said that too! It only took me 10 lines of text!

If Silva really thinks that the Jets upside is 7-9, I want some of what he's been smoking.

If the upside is less wins than they have ever had under Rex, then I expect you to explain how the team got worse in the off-season. He didn't. Fail.

7-9 is actually a gift compared to his pre season rankings. i think he had the jets in the bottom 5 like 28th or 29th. is silva that clown who looks like malcolm in the middle?

Someone saying we'll go 7-9 doesn't even necessarily bother me. But saying that's the best possible scenario? Give me a break. On paper, this defense is very comparable to the 2009 one that led the league. We're not as deep in the secondary, but we have more quality d-linemen than we did back then. Whenever you're a top 5 defense, 7-9 should not be your ceiling.

Archived