Did I Shave My Legs for THIS????

HDKostempski

:1cry: Okay, Jets fans. Gloat time for you because my team really laid an egg, but I said I'd still be here afterward, and so, here I am. I am going to chalk this one up to the Bills being ...

• over-confident
  • over-excited
  • over-hyped
  • snake-bit

All of the above or maybe none of the above. Weird things sometimes happen on Opening Day, so that's what I'm going with. I don't think anybody thought the score would be like this.

The pissiest part of this entire day was that one of my brothers organized an impromptu "firewood party" at the old family farm where assorted family members who want some split firewood for their homes or camps come on out, and invest some sweat equity in cutting up logs and sending them through the splitter. We bring libations, food, pals, spouses, kids, dogs, whatever, get a campfire going, and make a day of it. We were all there by 10, and the plan was to be done by noon or so we could set up my bro's TV on his cabin porch and have a game party.

I left early so I wouldn't miss the game on HDTV, hence the thread title, a reference to an old country-western song by Deana Carter. If I'd have stayed, we could at least done some target shooting or something since I gave up on this one when Spiller fumbled that nice pass reception. :badmood:

Props for showing up. Good game. Dont feel bad, Holmes just put the league on notice so you guys wont be the only ones! :-)

:1cry: Okay, Jets fans. Gloat time for you because my team really laid an egg, but I said I'd still be here afterward, and so, here I am. I am going to chalk this one up to the Bills being ...

• over-confident
  • over-excited
  • over-hyped
  • snake-bit

All of the above or maybe none of the above. Weird things sometimes happen on Opening Day, so that's what I'm going with. I don't think anybody thought the score would be like this.

The pissiest part of this entire day was that one of my brothers organized an impromptu "firewood party" at the old family farm where assorted family members who want some split firewood for their homes or camps come on out, and invest some sweat equity in cutting up logs and sending them through the splitter. We bring libations, food, pals, spouses, kids, dogs, whatever, get a campfire going, and make a day of it. We were all there by 10, and the plan was to be done by noon or so we could set up my bro's TV on his cabin porch and have a game party.

I left early so I wouldn't miss the game on HDTV, hence the thread title, a reference to an old country-western song by Deana Carter. If I'd have stayed, we could at least done some target shooting or something since I gave up on this one when Spiller fumbled that nice pass reception. :badmood:

Big props to you man for showing up! I rep'd you for it. :winking0001:

However, you know it's a bad day when your blocking tight end tackles a pad-less, defenseless coach to the ground, and coach gets up, laughs it off, and says "that's all you got?"

Dayuuuum!

Archived