The Eric Smith Effect

lancemehl

Amazing. 2 missed tackles and Eli is a first ballot hall of famer. Tom Coughlin is the greatest coach in the league, and people are still talking about Tim Tebow as a starting QB. All because of two f---ing tackles.

The Giants were 7-7. Eli had just thrown 25 picks the year before, was getting ridiculed over that "elite" thing and everyone was questioning if he was the right guy. lol Coughlin was most likely gone at the end of the season. 2 tackles and they go home. Denver goes home. Rex doesn't have these glorified memories of Tebow. He doesn't have a BS playoff win. He goes to Jacksonville.

Meanwhile the Jets get in the tourny AGAIN and......who knows.. We just may be talking about the genius that is Rex Ryan, and it would be Eli and Coughlin in the clown car....and all the a-holes would be saying how Rex's progressive, player-friendly, loudmouth style of coaching is what wins in today's NFL and Coughlin's red-ass is outdated.............blah blah blah

Yeah, I know woulda coulda shoulda, and I just sound like a sore loser making excuses. Fact is it didn't happen like that......and it's all because of f----in Eric 'Butterfly' Smith! lol

Forgetting even the contents of the main post, I have to admit the thread title alone was good for a laugh before I even opened it.

I was going to do a countdown earlier but as you can see BG posted within 3 minutes of the OP . Its like he has an Eric Smith alarm in his head ...spooky

I was going to do a countdown earlier but as you can see BG posted within 3 minutes of the OP . Its like he has an Eric Smith alarm in his head ...spooky

I have to be on my toes, these opportunities only come around so often. It's not like the days of our old buddy Chadwick when there was a never-ending stream of threads going on about him at any and all times.

Archived