Jets are looking at Aaron Berry amongst others

BroadwayJoe12

Free agent CB Aaron Berry visited the Jets on Friday.

Per ESPN New York, the Jets also worked out Chris Carr, Dante Hughes and Darrin Walls. It's Berry's first visit since the Lions cut him loose in July following his second arrest in one month. Berry's three-game suspension is over, so he could theoretically play for the Jets as early as Sunday. Berry isn't exactly a lock-down corner, has had shoulder issues and is obviously a head-case. He'd still be a far better depth option for the Darrelle Revis-less Jets than converted RB Joe McKnight, however. Berry has reportedly also worked out for the Dolphins.

Related: Jets, Dolphins

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

He was a decent player for the lions, a dumbass, but a decent player. He strikes me as one of those players you bring and will have a productive, arrest free stay, for one year and then you release to be someone else's headache. Do not know much about hughes or walls though.

I'd rather see what McKnight can do

I don't think it's a one or the other type scenario; whether it be Carr or Barry, we certainly could use another #3 CB. McKnight will most likely be asked to play man until he can fully grasp the defensive packages, which will be a while...do not overlook a few cowboy blitzes however. He's not going to jump right into that #3 role; if he develops quickly awesome, but until then, Barry or Carr would be ideal.

If Mcknight plays as well as Revis that will give the JETS a great legup in the Revis contract negotiations. Which would also make the other #1 CB expendable. So we can trade him for #1 pick and then trade down and convert it to 2 #2's. Then we can draft a lot of positions of need and replace the aging parts on our defense....................................................... And it must be Friday evening.

McKnight wasn't cutting it as a RB, simple as that. He is, however, an excellent return man. Revis' injury was certainly the catalyst for this move, but I think it's really a more about finding a place on the roster for McKnight than actually seeing him as a viable option at CB for the team anytime soon.

The Jets were shuffling in DB help before Revis got hurt. The McKnight conversion doesn't alleviate that hole, much less the one left by Revis. Rex loves having CBs. It's amazing how well he understands the need to defend the pass, but fails to recognize the importance of being able to throw on offense.

Rex probably gets the importance of passing on offense, he just doesn't know anyone who can do it. He also does not know anyone who can design some route trees that are gameplanned and play called correctly to make a passing game. Can't walk around talking about how the team will overcome its schitty QB situation to win a SB.

Anyway, any talented CB should be on their radar.

Archived