Approve of the Jets draft? Release Sanchez? Geno a franchise qb?

4HCrew

This is a team that has used a 2nd rounder to pick a not franchise kicker.  I don't see how you can hate on them taking a shot at what was considered the drafts top QB without giving up any picks to move up. Tanny would have panicked and traded back into the top of the first.

This is a team that has used a 2nd rounder to pick a not franchise kicker.  I don't see how you can hate on them taking a shot at what was considered the drafts top QB without giving up any picks to move up. Tanny would have panicked and traded back into the top of the first.

Tanny would have taken him with the 9th after he became all flustered when Austin was sniped in front of us and his plan was ruined.  

Approve of the draft? As it stands, quite  abit.  Cut Sanchez? Depends on if they think it will be a distraction should Geno beat him out.  Last thing you want is a divided locker room.   Franchise QB? I think he has all the tools to be one; multi-year starter, 23+ wins, better accuracy with every year, less than 10 ints, arm strength to make all the throws and supposed work-ethic to put it all together.

Depends on if they think it will be a distraction should Geno beat him out.  Last thing you want is a divided locker room.  

It's going to be a distraction no matter what, and I have to think Garrard is our Week 1 starter.  We've already let the league know we're trying to move or cut Sanchez.....no turning back now.

I like our draft but have no faith in Geno.  System QB that does not have the smarts I want to see in a QB.  Sucked in Only big game in NY. 

He was drafted in the 2nd round, like Kellen Clemens, but has more upside. I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the pick to be honest. When you take a QB in round 2, there's nothing stopping you from taking another in round 1 next year. 

It is THE most important position to continually invest in and develop. The days of have 1 QB and a couple bums are over. The QB position is like playing the stock market, you gotta diversify that portfolio and hope to cash in... either by having the guy you've been looking for win games for you, or by trading someone you developed fro the picks you need to improve the rest of your team.

He was drafted in the 2nd round, like Kellen Clemens, but has more upside. I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the pick to be honest. When you take a QB in round 2, there's nothing stopping you from taking another in round 1 next year. 

It is THE most important position to continually invest in and develop. The days of have 1 QB and a couple bums are over. The QB position is like playing the stock market, you gotta diversify that portfolio and hope to cash in... either by having the guy you've been looking for win games for you, or by trading someone you developed fro the picks you need to improve the rest of your team.

I can understand and agree they need to upgrade.  I also agree a team can not have enough good QB's.  With that said a team also can not waste 2nd round picks.  The 39th pick is a player that needs to be a starter for your team.  If Geno fails, which seems more likly then not, then we did not get a starting player from a high second round pick.  If a team does that enough the end up with a team like the Jets last year.

They had a shot of having four possible starters out of this draft and that is huge.  They still have a shot but it does not look good from where I sit.

Archived