Free Agents WR Sims-Walker And DT/DE Douzable Invited For Minicamp Tryout

JetNation

Good moves IMO. Sims Walker can be a good #3 to play outside if (and when?) Holmes of Hill goes down, assuming his knee is back close to maybe even 80%, which would only be about 80% better than Clyde Gates.

so the jets need help on the d-line ?

wtf ?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  Supposedly, Coples isn't moving to OLB full time, and they still have Richardson, Wilkerson, Garay, Ellis, Damon Harrison (aka Big Snack), Jake McDonough, Junior Aumavae, Lanier Coleman, and Tevita Finau.

so the jets need help on the d-line ?

wtf ?

Yeah, that sounds like a heap of sh*t.  I'm guessing it's a guy either Rex or Dunbar happens to have a particular liking for and figure they might as well bring him in since he's just sitting on the street anyway.  More of a "why the hell not?" than any great need, and I'm sure he'd simply be taking the roster spot of one of the undrafted DL kids they like him better than.

Good moves IMO. Sims Walker can be a good #3 to play outside if (and when?) Holmes of Hill goes down, assuming his knee is back close to maybe even 80%, which would only be about 80% better than Clyde Gates.

I thought Sims Walker was out with concussion problems.

These are ******* try-outs!  They are guys that had NFL level talent.  It's fairly standard practice to bring guys in to try-out on Tuesdays.  Take a peek, see if there is anything there.  If there is, then you sign them and wait for them to either get hurt or suck.  No big deal.  I think that even Jamarcus Russell routinely goes on these every year or two.  There is absolutely nothing to be taken from here as far as positional needs.  They are UDFA equivalents. 

I thought Sims Walker was out with concussion problems.

From what I read, it was the knee. It could just be a combination of both, but concussion doesn't affect your play when you are on the field. Sims had a huge upside until he went down.

Archived