Jets give tryouts to Collie, Cundiff

Jetfan13

The Jets are working out two players on Monday to possibly upgrade their offensive game according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

First up is former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Austin Collie.  Collie has dealt with multiple concussions and a ruptured patellar tendon since entering the league in 2009, but recently said that he's willing to sign a liability waiver for any NFL team.  Collie has also worked out for the Patriots and the 49ers.   If signed, he would provide an immediate upgrade to the Jets' receiver depth. Santonio Holmes (foot) is coming off a Grade 4 Lisfranc injury and is expected to open training camp on the active/PUP list.

Much-traveled kicker Billy Cundiff is also in New York today.  Cundiff appeared in five games with the Redskins last season and converted just 7-of-12 field goal attempts. He should serve as competition to Nick Folk in training camp if signed.

They need to do something but Austin Collie and Laurent Robinson are not the answers.  They both suck and they dont even know their own names anymore they've had so many head injuries. 

I wonder if that is something they would check out prior to signing them?

I wonder if that is something they would check out prior to signing them?

I'm sure it is...its a simple test.  Just ask them to introduce themselves.  haha

No but seriously, you cant rely on either of these guys.  A slight tap on the helmet from a teammate, like that-a-boy type sh*t and they'll be knocked out.

There's that and that they both suck too.

They need to do something but Austin Collie and Laurent Robinson are not the answers.  They both suck and they dont even know their own names anymore they've had so many head injuries. 

I'm sure it is...its a simple test.  Just ask them to introduce themselves.  haha

No but seriously, you cant rely on either of these guys.  A slight tap on the helmet from a teammate, like that-a-boy type sh*t and they'll be knocked out.

There's that and that they both suck too.

You shouldn't rely on anybody you sign in July.

Both these guys have had success in the league.  A couple of years ago Austin Collie caught 50+ balls from guys like Curtis Painter and Darren Aronofsky or whatever his name was.

You shouldn't rely on anybody you sign in July.

Both these guys have had success in the league.  A couple of years ago Austin Collie caught 50+ balls from guys like Curtis Painter and Darren Aronofsky or whatever his name was.

Better than Sanchez...lulza.  But that is a good point.  I was actually getting Collie confused with Gonzalez.  

Archived