Larry Fitzgerald is really, really cool.

ZachEY

Damn!  Thats some traveling right there.

FWIW - I've done that boarding down a Volcano in Nicaragua on one of my surf trips.  One of my boys took a nasty fall, dude basically had road rash all over his body.  Kind of ruined his trip.  Look like someone warned Larry to wear long sleeve and pants.  Very smart.  

Damn!  Thats some traveling right there.

FWIW - I've done that boarding down a Volcano in Nicaragua on one of my surf trips.  One of my boys took a nasty fall, dude basically had road rash all over his body.  Kind of ruined his trip.  Look like someone warned Larry to wear long sleeve and pants.  Very smart.  

Definitely want to get South America in at some point.  Heading to Reykjavik next month, then just some local jumps for weddings and things like that... But, there's a lot of that area, and costa rica that I'd love to do when I get the chance.  All I need is Larry Fitzgerald money.

Definitely want to get South America in at some point.  Heading to Reykjavik next month, then just some local jumps for weddings and things like that... But, there's a lot of that area, and costa rica that I'd love to do when I get the chance.  All I need is Larry Fitzgerald money.

Haha - I'm headed to Ecuador in Feb, cant waint.  I've never been.  Did Mexico twice this year.  I havent been to Costa in 10 years but I've been about 7 times.  Amazing place. Absolutely beautiful but its not nearly as cheap as it was back when I used to go.

Leaving for Nicaragua again in 2 weeks.  Pretty stoked on that even though I've been a bunch.

My pocketbook frees up next year, at that point, I'm gonna start traveling to Uruguay, Ecuador, and a few locations in Mexico - all scouting out potential retirement destinations. Right now, Puerto Vallarta is topping the list. Roughly 30% the cost of living of NYC to live in a resort. I'm thinking that'll work for me.

My pocketbook frees up next year, at that point, I'm gonna start traveling to Uruguay, Ecuador, and a few locations in Mexico - all scouting out potential retirement destinations. Right now, Puerto Vallarta is topping the list. Roughly 30% the cost of living of NYC to live in a resort. I'm thinking that'll work for me.

The only issue with Puerto Vallarta is the proximity to Guadalajara, where some of the gnarliest cartel members hang. 

Flew in there a few years back when traveling to the Zihuatenejo area.  Our guide said they were still active over there.  Granted, its not some ex-pat gringo they are after, its still a little sketchy.  

But I've never stayed...have you? 

The only issue with Puerto Vallarta is the proximity to Guadalajara, where some of the gnarliest cartel members hang. 

Flew in there a few years back when traveling to the Zihuatenejo area.  Our guide said they were still active over there.  Granted, its not some ex-pat gringo they are after, its still a little sketchy.  

But I've never stayed...have you?

No, I haven't. I want to make that judgement in person. They have a large expat community. I'm hoping it's pretty safe. Mazatlan is also on the list. They have the colonial architecture l really love.

Ideally, they'll legalize drugs in the next couple years, and the cartels will lose their influence.

No, I haven't. I want to make that judgement in person. They have a large expat community. I'm hoping it's pretty safe. Mazatlan is also on the list. They have the colonial architecture l really love.

Ideally, they'll legalize drugs in the next couple years, and the cartels will lose their influence.

Yeah sure, that's the reason you're hoping they legalize drugs before you get there.

Yeah sure, that's the reason you're hoping they legalize drugs before you get there.

Uruguay has legal weed, but they've announced plans to start fracking in Argentina, so I'm thinking they're screwed. Legal weed and prostitution is pretty appealing up until you can set your tap water on fire.

Luckily, there's no natural gas in Mexico.

Haha - I'm headed to Ecuador in Feb, cant waint.  I've never been.  Did Mexico twice this year.  I havent been to Costa in 10 years but I've been about 7 times.  Amazing place. Absolutely beautiful but its not nearly as cheap as it was back when I used to go.

Leaving for Nicaragua again in 2 weeks.  Pretty stoked on that even though I've been a bunch.

I've done Aruba and the Dominican this year.  You can still do Costa Rica on a budget, but not nearly as well.  Unfortunately, it's become the new Williamsburg, in a manner of speaking.  I don't know anything about Ecador or Nicaragua as far as vacationing.

Sounds nice.  I don't know if I could do that type of living full time.  It's not really me.  I work with a bunch of Med Students from Ross, which is on a small carribean island, and they say it's beautiful, but it's a totally different beast when you're there all the time.  I do like the 30% less than NYC.  Hoping to get out of this town in another year or two.

I've done Aruba and the Dominican this year.  You can still do Costa Rica on a budget, but not nearly as well.  Unfortunately, it's become the new Williamsburg, in a manner of speaking.  I don't know anything about Ecador or Nicaragua as far as vacationing.

Honestly, there isnt much in Nica if you're not surfing or fishing.  Otherwise, it doesnt offer much for the general tourist.   Maybe there is on the Caribbean side but I've never been on that side of the country. Just the Pacific.  Its not nearly as lush as any other Central American country I've been to but there are some nice resort like places that I imagine would appeal to someone just going for a relaxing vacation.  The biggest issue for your general tourist is there just isnt a ton to do.  Its not like the other places we've mentioned where you can go get a nice dinner and have some entertainment or night life.  Unless you go down to San Juan Del Sur. Thats a cool little ocean side town with a little of life.  But I've never been.  

I hear the Dominican is gorgeous.  I've never been.  

Archived