8/7 Camp Tweets

flgreen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that they've effectively taken coaches out of the process because of the obvious conflict of interest. Rex isn't saying McKnight has a concussion because McKnight doesn't have a concussion.

Typical Shane.  The woman told you why, but you can't accept it.  You know they are saying head injury and winking while they hope he passes the tests, but somehow this is another indictment of McKnight.  The guy isn't a great RB or tremendous worker, the rest of your hate is silly.

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

Chris Ivory begins practice working with the trainers. The wait continues. #nyj
9m
Beat Writer / Columnist

It's funny how much the beat is trying to make this a story... trying to push for the kneejerk Jets fan panic.

Typical Shane. The woman told you why, but you can't accept it. You know they are saying head injury and winking while they hope he passes the tests, but somehow this is another indictment of McKnight. The guy isn't a great RB or tremendous worker, the rest of your hate is silly.

...? I dislike him because he isn't a great RB or tremendous worker.

...? I dislike him because he isn't a great RB or tremendous worker.

Not liking him is fine, but why do you have to have this vendetta against the guy?  If he is what we think he is he will (fail to) run himself out of the league in short order.  There are plenty of sh*theads out there to hate.  FWIW, he seems to be a better egg than Goodson.  In all honesty, McKnight is one guy that might vastly improve under MM.  He and Gates have speed and should be able to do something with the ball in space.  He had some catches in 2011, but Sparano didn't use him except to try to run him into the ground on a bum leg.  It's understandable he didn't catch the ball behind Tomlinson.  He has a skillset that should suit this offense.  Of course he's had that since USC and didn't do sh*t, so it would be a shock if he put it together now. 

Not liking him is fine, but why do you have to have this vendetta against the guy? If he is what we think he is he will (fail to) run himself out of the league in short order. There are plenty of sh*theads out there to hate. FWIW, he seems to be a better egg than Goodson. In all honesty, McKnight is one guy that might vastly improve under MM. He and Gates have speed and should be able to do something with the ball in space. He had some catches in 2011, but Sparano didn't use him except to try to run him into the ground on a bum leg. It's understandable he didn't catch the ball behind Tomlinson. He has a skillset that should suit this offense. Of course he's had that since USC and didn't do sh*t, so it would be a shock if he put it together now.

I'll tell you why. It's because I'm like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men and Joe McKnight is a bad soldier. You can tolerate a lot of stuff in a locker room, but being a slouch shouldn't be one of them, especially for such a marginal player. Between him and Holmes, they've outed Rex as a soft coach. If he were in a veteran locker room, they would have had a soap party on him.

I'll tell you why. It's because I'm like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men and Joe McKnight is a bad soldier. You can tolerate a lot of stuff in a locker room, but being a slouch shouldn't be one of them, especially for such a marginal player. Between him and Holmes, they've outed Rex as a soft coach. If he were in a veteran locker room, they would have had a soap party on him.

This is why you are a dick.  Well... one of the reasons.  The guy is a marginal player.  He failed his conditioning test and passed it within a day and didn't miss a practice.  Now he has concussion symptoms.  Guess what, around the league nobody says concussion. Down here in DC Shanahan refused to say it and sent RGIII back out to get more.  RGIII said, no concussion, I just "blacked out for a bit."  The league fined them, but he got to play.  Goodson gets a pass, but you want to jump on McKnight?  He's a ****up. So is about 75% of the league.  What's next?  Are you going to complain that they take steroids and HGH? 

This is why you are a dick. Well... one of the reasons. The guy is a marginal player. He failed his conditioning test and passed it within a day and didn't miss a practice. Now he has concussion symptoms. Guess what, around the league nobody says concussion. Down here in DC Shanahan refused to say it and sent RGIII back out to get more. RGIII said, no concussion, I just "blacked out for a bit." The league fined them, but he got to play. Goodson gets a pass, but you want to jump on McKnight? He's a ****up. So is about 75% of the league. What's next? Are you going to complain that they take steroids and HGH?

How does Shanahan handle fourth-round rookies who puke on their shoes during conditioning drills, who can't learn the playbook well enough to get any time on a talent-starved offense for three years running, and then fail their conditioning test in Year Four before getting arrested?

Archived