LaCanfora article on Mo. Good read.

eboozer

Wilkerson is a beast and with the Cubs' cornball rebuild I get the whole thing here:

Now Wilkerson, an understated but budding superstar, personifies what the team's brass hopes it means to be a Jet moving forward. He is, for them, one of their rare recent high draft picks to pay immediate dividends, he is becoming the leader of what could be an outstanding defensive line, and he's built for the long term; Wilkerson is entering his third-season but won't turn 24 until Week 8.

Both Los Yets and Los Cachorros need more players like this. 

Honestly though I have been waiting patiently for my next jersey purchase. It was Vilma, then Cotchery. This probably will be it but I am afraid if I do we will lose him to FA. I am a superstitious baseball player by nature.

Step away from the Wilkerson jersey... 

also, check your mailbox, I just shipped you a palette of Sanchez jerseys.

Honestly though I have been waiting patiently for my next jersey purchase. It was Vilma, then Cotchery. This probably will be it but I am afraid if I do we will lose him to FA. I am a superstitious baseball player by nature.

Yeah, I think you go Wilkerson. Vilma and Cotchery were good Jets but not HOF caliber. In Mo, you have a player who is beginning to get league wide attention. If he builds upon last season with more sacks, he goes to the Pro Bowl. Heck, he and Cro will probably be the only two representing our team.

This is the type of player you want emblazoned on the back of your Jersey. I'd also think of getting Ivory, but until he can prove he can get through a season healthy, I'm backing off.

Muhammad Wilkerson is the embodiment of the Jets' vision for the future. A young, dynamic and cheap (at least for now) defensive end who symbolizes the organization's goal of rebuilding from the trenches out under new general manager John Idzik and holdover coach Rex Ryan.

The rebuilding of the trenches started before Idzik got here.  Mo Wilk, Ellis, Coples - all picks before Idzik.  So Mo is not the vision of the future from Idzik but rather Rex.  This statement would make you believe Mo Wilk was Idzik's pick.  Not the case. 

Archived