Idzick on Mike K

CobraVerde

just finished. Im pretty sure they are gonna replay it so tune in now. They pretty much asked the same question they asked rex. He answered straight up. QB comp is day to day. Geno is the QB for now. They play the best guy (liked how he said simms earned his spot and acknowledged he played the best toward the end-made me hopeful that if Geno stinks it up Simms will get a shot) No info into the severity of Marks injury and he insisted that he hasnt told rex to tone it down. There was a lot so tune in again in the next 30min ESPN NY 98.7 they will replay it for sure.

i dont think so. It sounded like they are ready to ride Geno. If it works out it works out if it doesnt it doesnt.

you can't yo-yo it like that

commit and go

you can't have week to week starters

if that is what idzik means, that's huge mistake

commit and go

I doubt that is what he means... listen, it hurts NOBODY to make all of the QB options feel like they have a shot. 

Nobody gets comfortable, everyone will either step up and over achieve, or fade away... which is what you want.

Or maybe they already know who it is, but don't feel like saying anything so the Bucs have to game plan for all potential QB's.  This is the first time in a long time we have that potential edge albeit slight.

It seems to me like Idzik doesn't feel as though he needs to give anyone anything just because they want it. 

commit and go

I dont think he was saying the starters were week to week. I think he was saying that Geno is the guy now and we are gonna ride him. If he comes out and people start dying on the field well then they'll sit him down. how is that yo yo, thats like any other team.

Archived