Gary Myers: Smith Needs to Be Benched

flgreen

Sanchez sucks

Geno sucks

Simms sucks

Therefore, the Jets suck.

Its that simple. 

What exaclty do you base your opinion on Simms? Can you give me any NFL facts?  Geno was bad in the preseason and should never have started based on those plays. Simms on the other hand has done what he was supposed to do since he has been here. Therefore he does not deserve to be fairly judged based on performance in real games right? People like you crack me up. Keep on guessing.

What exaclty do you base your opinion on Simms? Can you give me any NFL facts?  Geno was bad in the preseason and should never have started based on those plays. Simms on the other hand has done what he was supposed to do since he has been here. Therefore he does not deserve to be fairly judged based on performance in real games right? People like you crack me up. Keep on guessing.

Interesting point. I would guess that he is basing it on the fact that he was an undrafted FA. I realize that most if not all QB's in this category, just like very late round draft picks, will never materialize into NFL caliber QB's BUT we have seen the exceptions with one headed to the HOF and one pretty darn good one, and I speak of course of BRADY (6th round headed to HOF), and ROMO (undrafted FA).

I say give the kid a shot, and lets see what he has. As I said in another post, it is just about impossible to be worse that 1 TD and 10 picks, 3 fumbles lost, bad. These are just incredibly horrible numbers.

He's been terrible in the real action.  Leaves the pocket too early.  A few horrible passes.  Inaccurate.  Does stupid sh*t that will get you killed like trying to dive over defenders for 1st downs. Got very lucky he didnt throw a INT in the endzone.  Cant beat out Sanchez, Cant beat out Geno.

There's more evidence saying he sucks then there is saying he's good. 

You guess, yourself, man. 

Eh, you can't shut a rookie qb down for a whole game and expect them to wake up in the end.  You have to get him going in the beginning.  I don't understand why they don't incorporate more quick throws to kill the blitz.  Seems like that's what a lot of teams do and for some reason we just don't.  A team that actually showed some brains and some talent on offense this year, even without "weapons" has just gone away.

teams don't call plays called "quick blitz pass" they call passes and IF there's a blitz there's a set of hot routes. Geno isn't throwing to the hot routes.  he either doesn't see the blitz at all or he sees it and panics.

The plays are fine what's lacking is execution. 

I'd really like to see the Jets' front office pull their heads out of their asses and actually make some sort of intelligent moves to build an offense. Yes, Geno is imploding, but in the off-season, the FO did make a single move to obtain a #1 receiver - nothing. They pinned their hopes on Santonio Holmes, who is an overpaid, mediocre and "me first" player who milked his hamstring injury.

The Jets could have used some help on the right side of their O-line. We all knew this, yet their solution was to bring in Colon and Austin, and keep hoping that Ducasse would someday get better? They let Dustin Keller and Braylon Edwards go, and instead went with the druggie, a Patriots cast off and Stephen crap Hill?

Seriously, the Jets front office is the embarrassment of the league. Get rid of do-nothing Idzik for maybe being being just slightly less stupid than Tannenbaum, and get rid of Rex, who doesn't seem to understand that in order for an offense to work, it needs a quarterback who can actually throw the ball to the players on his team-not the other team.

I am so sick of the Jets front office making one blatantly stupid move after another. It's gone on way too long, under a few different GMs.

Here's a telling opinion, Terry Bradway made more intelligent moves that Tannenbaum and Idzik combined.

Archived