Rex has learned and grown

Jetfanincanada

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad as Geno was on balance, every game I'd see at least one play where Geno bought time with his feet - or hell, just moved out of the damn way - where Sanchez would just stand there and take the sack. Then of course we'd hear the usual dribble about how he had no time to throw. Yeah, if you stand in that one spot like an easy target you have no time. But if you move out of the way you do. It's as though we have so many fans that are unaware that a QB can move in the pocket (or move out of it). But when we're on defense and another QB eludes a pass rush then it's "we have no pass rushers" like the opponents that seemed to get to Sanchez so easily even when our OL was the class of the league.

This past year, literally no one on our OL had a good season in pass blocking. Or if someone can show how that's untrue based on some metric, well that metric escaped me while I was watching games. The problem was that too often Smith screwed up even with the extra time he bought himself. And because of that, the team will bring in other options.

I wish there were better options out there. But it isn't every year that there's a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees to be had. The cream of the crop is Josh McNown and Michael Vick? Yuck. Well, you take the one that makes you hold your nose the least tightly and also take one in the draft. All signs point to the Jets doing this so it's all I can ask at this point.

ok, sanchez last 2 seasons he had what geno had but maybe a worst o-line, offense has been terrible as a unit since our 2nd afc champ run but we had a great run game back then.

Geno showed good and bad lack of talent around him, rookie mistakes, and just stupidity kept us out of the playoffs by 1 game but we're getting better as a team and so is he.

My biggest concern is our 1st pick I think a few of these receivers are not going to be starters and it would hurt to draft 1 of them.

ok, sanchez last 2 seasons he had what geno had but maybe a worst o-line, offense has been terrible as a unit since our 2nd afc champ run but we had a great run game back then.

Geno showed good and bad lack of talent around him, rookie mistakes, and just stupidity kept us out of the playoffs by 1 game but we're getting better as a team and so is he.

My biggest concern is our 1st pick I think a few of these receivers are not going to be starters and it would hurt to draft 1 of them.

1.  Geno had as a bad a line as any Sanchez team.

2.  Whichever of those receivers we draft they are going to start.  Even if they suck.

1. Geno had as a bad a line as any Sanchez team.

2. Whichever of those receivers we draft they are going to start. Even if they suck.

1, no! Geno has austin howard sanchez had wayne hunter.

2, if they suck it's a wasted pick, it'll be the same problem all over again.

Sanchez had faneca his rookie season only and slauson wasn't always that good we developed him jus so he could leave. Smh

What the **** are you shaking your head about?  Sanchez had Hunter for one year too, or did that spoil him for 2012?  Do you honestly believe that Sanchez had a worse team around him than Geno?  Shake your head all you want, it's a ridiculous premise.  Last year was easily the worst talent this team has put on the field since 07.

What the **** are you shaking your head about?  Sanchez had Hunter for one year too, or did that spoil him for 2012?  Do you honestly believe that Sanchez had a worse team around him than Geno?  Shake your head all you want, it's a ridiculous premise.  Last year was easily the worst talent this team has put on the field since 07.

yeah 2013 jets offense was horrendous. yet we still went 8-8 mostly on the back of the defense as usual. with almost any other starting QB in the league last year we might've snuck into the playoffs. if geno can get to mid 70s in QBR it might not be pretty but we could be a 10 win team. crazy.

What the **** are you shaking your head about? Sanchez had Hunter for one year too, or did that spoil him for 2012? Do you honestly believe that Sanchez had a worse team around him than Geno? Shake your head all you want, it's a ridiculous premise. Last year was easily the worst talent this team has put on the field since 07.

Are you ******* serious 12 nd 13 were the same teams on offense except 2 guards and a fb and qb. Oh yeah, in 13 holmes played more games and we had david nelson. You sound like a moron! The real difference isis sparano left and we braught in marty. With a improved run game. Receiver wise, what the qb needs WE SUCKED, I hope your joking or finally realized how dumb that was.

Are you ******* serious 12 nd 13 were the same teams on offense except 2 guards and a fb and qb. Oh yeah, in 13 holmes played more games and we had david nelson. You sound like a moron! The real difference isis sparano left and we braught in marty. With a improved run game. Receiver wise, what the qb needs WE SUCKED, I hope your joking or finally realized how dumb that was.

QFT

Archived