Great segment on Boomer & Carton today

KSJets

I know a lot of people don't like their show, but I honestly don't have a problem with them.  Anyway, they had a segment on today that hits a little close to home.  I'm not a hockey fan, not even slightly, and I know it's a football board, but they had on today the father of a high school hockey player from Monroe who was paralyzed in January after fracturing his C5 vertebrae (the same one that Dennis Byrd fractured):

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/3-boomer-carton/03-05-pray-for-mikey/

Now, the reason I say "close to home".  I don't live in Monroe, but I grew up in Spotswood which is the town right next to it.  I actually have a part time job in the same store this young man worked at before his injury.  We work in different departments so I don't know him that well, but I know him enough to know he's a really good kid.  Bad sh*t just always seems to happen to good people.

I know I can be a dick on this site but I actually do have a really soft spot for kids who are either sick or injured.  Anyway, give it a listen.  I thought it was a nice gesture that Boomer & Carton did and wanted to share.

I know a lot of people don't like their show, but I honestly don't have a problem with them.  Anyway, they had a segment on today that hits a little close to home.  I'm not a hockey fan, not even slightly, and I know it's a football board, but they had on today the father of a high school hockey player from Monroe who was paralyzed in January after fracturing his C5 vertebrae (the same one that Dennis Byrd fractured):

Now, the reason I say "close to home".  I don't live in Monroe, but I grew up in Spotswood which is the town right next to it.  I actually have a part time job in the same store this young man worked at before his injury.  We work in different departments so I don't know him that well, but I know him enough to know he's a really good kid.  Bad sh*t just always seems to happen to good people.

I know I can be a dick on this site but I actually do have a really soft spot for kids who are either sick or injured.  Anyway, give it a listen.  I thought it was a nice gesture that Boomer & Carton did and wanted to share.

You are never a "dick". I don't get it, you always seem to treat everyone with respect, EVEN me. You don't give yourself enough credit. Carry on.

I know a lot of people don't like their show, but I honestly don't have a problem with them. Anyway, they had a segment on today that hits a little close to home. I'm not a hockey fan, not even slightly, and I know it's a football board, but they had on today the father of a high school hockey player from Monroe who was paralyzed in January after fracturing his C5 vertebrae (the same one that Dennis Byrd fractured):

Now, the reason I say "close to home". I don't live in Monroe, but I grew up in Spotswood which is the town right next to it. I actually have a part time job in the same store this young man worked at before his injury. We work in different departments so I don't know him that well, but I know him enough to know he's a really good kid. Bad sh*t just always seems to happen to good people.

I know I can be a dick on this site but I actually do have a really soft spot for kids who are either sick or injured. Anyway, give it a listen. I thought it was a nice gesture that Boomer & Carton did and wanted to share.

I'm from Monroe, went to high school with this kid, Mike Nichols. He's a good kid, freak stuff like this happens in contact sports, it's just really unfortunate it happened to a good kid like this.

You are never a "dick". I don't get it, you always seem to treat everyone with respect, EVEN me. You don't give yourself enough credit. Carry on.

Really? I know I'm an a$$hole to T0mshane, and there are some others.  I guess I'll just try harder lol.

I'm from Monroe, went to high school with this kid, Mike Nichols. He's a good kid, freak stuff like this happens in contact sports, it's just really unfortunate it happened to a good kid like this.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike.  So tragic what happened but he has an amazing support group and seems to be surrounded by a lot of love.  That has to help!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike.  So tragic what happened but he has an amazing support group and seems to be surrounded by a lot of love.  That has to help!

As are mine! He does have an amazing support group, our whole town is rooting for him. Not a huge hockey fan but the Devils just held this charity game for him at the prudential center where a bunch of old Devil players play old Russian all stars. Couldn't imagine what it would feel like to get support like that from the Jets if I ever suffered such an injury.

I have actually been amazed with how the entire town is rallying around the entire family.  I've also been impressed with how the Devils have gone above and beyond for the family too, even though he's a Rangers' fan.  You hear about this happening to people, but it certainly makes you take a step back and look at your own problems.  Anything that happens in my life, any problem I could complain about happening to me, it just pales in comparison to what that family is going through.  Really makes you stop and think.

As are mine! He does have an amazing support group, our whole town is rooting for him. Not a huge hockey fan but the Devils just held this charity game for him at the prudential center where a bunch of old Devil players play old Russian all stars. Couldn't imagine what it would feel like to get support like that from the Jets if I ever suffered such an injury.

Hopefully none of us ever have to find out, but it is definitely nice to know that people care so much.

Archived