Nicks signs with Colts

NYJetsVets91

Nicks signs 1 year deal for 3.5 mil with Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334216/article/hakeem-nicks-indianapolis-colts-reach-oneyear-contract

Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis Colts reach one-year deal
  • 0ap1000000222748.jpg
  •  

• By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: March 14, 2014 at 07:20 p.m.
  • Updated: March 14, 2014 at 07:38 p.m.

The Indianapolis Coltsinterest in Eric Decker went unrequited, but they now have another talented wide receiver joining forces Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton.

Free-Agent Tracker
0ap2000000276066.jpgFollow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minutetracking of 2014's free agents. More...

The Colts have signed former New York Giants wide receiverHakeem Nicks to a one-year contract, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source. The contract is worth $3.5 million "with upside for more," a source involved tells NFL Media's Albert Breer.

We love the fit in a potentially stacked offense with Andrew Luck, and the Colts are getting a talented but risky player at an eminently reasonable rate.

Still just 26 years old, Nicks was one of the top handful of wide receivers in the game when he helped carry the Giants to the Super Bowl XLVI title.

After battling foot and knee injuries in 2012, though, Nicks' playmaking ability vanished in 15 gameslast season. Of all players with 100 targets in 2013, Nicks was the only one without a touchdown to show for the effort.

Anyone who claims to know which version of Nicks will show up in Pep Hamilton's offense is simply pretending. He's as much of a wild card as any player in the league.

If he manages to recapture his pre-injury form, this is a steal for the Colts. If his game-breaking cutting ability and run-after-catch skills never return, general manager Ryan Grigson is out less than $4 million and still has young players such as Da'Rick Rogers and LaVon Brazill as fallback options.

This is easily one of our favorite pairings of free agency's first week.

To put up those numbers he will have to not quit on his team and will have to give effort for the frst time in over a year and a half

Yes and with Andrew Luck and not Eli Mistake Manning (I know he won 2 Super Bowls but he sucks lately) he might just do it.

Yes and with Andrew Luck and not Eli Mistake Manning (I know he won 2 Super Bowls but he sucks lately) he might just do it.

Elis terrible year was due to wideouts being idiots main culprit Randle not getting the offense down but i could count a number of time nicks gave up on balls and didnt fight or go up for them that turned out to be picks

also add in their oline was absolutely horrendous last year diehl snee and baas had no right to be playing. Beatty was hurt they had people like jim cordle at center and mosley and brewer playing at times.. Eli was good in Gilbrides system but it was figured out and had to go, to many miscommunications

Mcadoo will change the offense and Eli will have a very good year and his numbers will turn around

Any way i got off topic my point is Nicks hasnt had any fight in him.. He is selfish and cares about himself coughlin ended up sitting him against dallas when he was healthy and the giants still had a chance to fight for the division. Nicks if motivated and at the top of his game is a great wideout(see 2011 2010) but that was 2 seasons ago.. Ill be grateful for him being a huge part in bringing the giants a superbowl but the fact is he put himself above the team, when u do that u have to go

not sure how that is possible, care to explain

The Giants roster is sh*t they lost there best defensive player in Tuck best offensive player in Nicks and Jennings isn't the answer at RB. They have no name LBs and their DL sucks. JPP isn't what he was a few years ago either.

The Giants roster is sh*t they lost there best defensive player in Tuck best offensive player in Nicks and Jennings isn't the answer at RB. They have no name LBs and their DL sucks. JPP isn't what he was a few years ago either.

Real quick let me start off by saying i agree they still have holes BUT

Jpp if healthy which appears to be is way better than tuck ,, Tuck has been a shell of himself and hasnt been good at all Prince Rolle WillHill and stevie Brown is a solid start to the secondary they need to get another Corner(looking into DRC, will prolly add a corner thru the draft)

At LB they Have beason who played phenomenal for them last year and just added jameel mcclain to go along with Jacquan williams who is a solid young player

Jpp Damontre Moore and Kiwanuka is solid at DE not to mention they are looking into Jared allen

As far as free agency goes they have already upgraded by signing the number one guard in Geoff Scwhartz and added JD walton at center

Jennings played great last year for the raiders and is a bigger workhorse back who i think will end up suprising people(think michael turner heading to atlanta)

Last but not least Nicks was not the best reciever, cruz far and away was the best nicks has been a shell of himself the past 2 seasons and quit on his team

In the end it doesnt matter  i feel the additions they made have been great and seattle 2 years ago was 7-9 with holes on the roster all it takes is some good free agency and drafting and you can be right in the thick of things

Like it or not Giants in my mind will always have a chance to compete for superbowl until they lose Eli and coughlin

Jpp if healthy which appears to be is way better than tuck ,, Tuck has been a shell of himself and hasnt been good at all Prince Rolle WillHill and stevie Brown is a solid start to the secondary they need to get another Corner(looking into DRC, will prolly add a corner thru the draft)

At LB they Have beason who played phenomenal for them last year and just added jameel mcclain to go along with Jacquan williams who is a solid young player

Jpp Damontre Moore and Kiwanuka is solid at DE not to mention they are looking into Jared allen

As far as free agency goes they have already upgraded by signing the number one guard in Geoff Scwhartz and added JD walton at center

Jennings played great last year for the raiders and is a bigger workhorse back who i think will end up suprising people(think michael turner heading to atlanta)

Last but not least Nicks was not the best reciever, cruz far and away was the best nicks has been a shell of himself the past 2 seasons and quit on his team

In the end it doesnt matter  i feel the additions they made have been great and seattle 2 years ago was 7-9 with holes on the roster all it takes is some good free agency and drafting and you can be right in the thick of things

Like it or not Giants in my mind will always have a chance to compete for superbowl until they lose Eli and coughlin

Ok fine yippee kayay doesn't your team the Giants have a forum you can be posting on?

Archived