Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Wombat is trying to defend the case on him, but is actually doing the opposite.

It's hard to argue against hindsight. You have that advantage over him right now, I think. 

You could be right - the whole team could be on Wombat here.....but I'm not one of them. 

So, is this you taking back the statement of how "scum always" buses? Do you acknowledge how presenting an absolute, when it isn't one, does nothing but set up a narrative?

In a nutshell, Verbal is scum, and Lia, Lizard, Halia look guilty.

JiF also had a chance to hammer IIRC.

Also consider AVMs quick move off Pac when he tried a bogus case. We can't assume that the Pac train didn't include scum

Crap case by Lizzie. Trying to steer away from Pac and towards me. Not sure what it says about him as I think scum might have come with something more solid.

80 "ultimatum"

Crusher derping.

Verbal counters.

3 quick observations that really jumped out.

Number one- your recap here is making a massive assumption- that anyone who voted you and not Pac stink because you're town. That's disingenuous at best.

Number two- at the 9:10am vote count yesterday, you and then Ape were votes 8&9.

Number three- verb was the fourth person on your train at same vote count

I'm wary of anyone making immediate "frame" cases on people that spoke out against the Pac lynch, btw. As I always say, town doesn't know how not to look bad. I think it more important to look at what those people were saying, if their logic was clearly naive town, then that's probably what they are - if they were just being divisive and introducing new trains to stall and/or falter the Pac train, then I think they are worth looking at.

Anyone that passionately insisted that someone else is scum, and then jumped on Pac is probably dirty. I think the thing to look at there is how sincere they may or may not have been with their reluctance to do so. Like, I think when someone reluctantly moves to a scum train but sort of attributes the move to other people, they are probably town afraid of not following their gut and being wrong. There's no basis for scum to vote scum and attribute it to other people, unless they are very, very good at the psychological side of faking scum. Get what I'm saying?

Whether the post is directed at me or not, it relates directly to my switch to Pac and I will respond.

I held on Pac as long as I did because he's the best scum hunter we have. I finally saw a post that Hess bumped and it sold me. Ironically Pac told me once the train is proof of a bigger case worth examining. I still wanted a reason to join it and not be bought.

I don't like you buddying up to me here. I'm starting to think you reek.

What happened had nothing to do with my alignment. By you saying I'd never do that as scum, you imply that I needed to fake-emo to get heat off of me... People weren't siding with you, they were siding with me. There's no pretense for me need to do anything, no matter what my alignment was at that point. I wasn't the lynch, I wasn't getting heat. 

It's starting to feel like you are using this to back-off a losing entanglement. 

No, you are wrong.  I'm not implying you need to fake-emo to get heat off you.

I'm outright saying that due to the fact you'd never do that (fake-emo) as scum, it means I am wrong about you.  That is what I'm saying.  My read was wrong.  There is no "losing" entanglement.....I already lost it, because my read was wrong.  You are town.

Sometimes even experienced townies get it majorly wrong.

It's hard to argue against hindsight. You have that advantage over him right now, I think. 

So, is this you taking back the statement of how "scum always" buses? Do you acknowledge how presenting an absolute, when it isn't one, does nothing but set up a narrative?

No....just because scum will bus and spread at the same time doesn't mean that is what it will be like once the hammer falls / deadline hits.  It just means that analyzing trains in the middle of the day isn't going to provide too much unless you take that into account, especially with how some of us like to bus.

I should have provided more clarification on what I meant, sorry.

Also consider AVMs quick move off Pac when he tried a bogus case. We can't assume that the Pac train didn't include scum

I keep seeing people bringing this up, so I'll adress it;

I thought it was obvious what I was doing.  I was trying to pull a Pac, on Pac.  I unvoted and said I'd bring the hammer if someone put him at L-1, you know, Pac's patent move...I really wanted to post his mario hammer picture but I was on my phone.  I then got pulled away but even so, I genuinely misread the deadline and thought we had more time.  Either way, nobody put him to L-1 for me to hammer and then the deadline hit and we missed the lynch. 

So no, I never had a chance to hammer and I didnt dance around it as Arsis has been claiming.  I was pleading for someone to put him at L-1 so I could be the one to hammer.

3 quick observations that really jumped out.

Number one- your recap here is making a massive assumption- that anyone who voted you and not Pac stink because you're town. That's disingenuous at best.

Number two- at the 9:10am vote count yesterday, you and then Ape were votes 8&9.

Number three- verb was the fourth person on your train at same vote count

I thought you werent going to pretend to read.  Liar.

Current Vote Count:

Verb (1) - JiF

Wombat (8) - Lily, Pac, Verb, Nolder, Arsis, Hally, Lizard, Lia

Pac (8) - 80, Leelou, AVM, Hess, Smash, SMC, Wombat, Ape

80 (1) - Crusher

With 18 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline in 1 minute.

unvote

I want the hammer vote.

I'm here and ready.

Unvote

Don't really want to touch any train Crusher's on ATM. Have to think. THIIIIIINK. Hmmm

While I agree with Hess's pause, I don't see what stopping to "think" at 2 minutes past deadline is doing to help the cause. He unvoted Pac, or tried to, at the buzzer. Nobody seems to have picked up on this quiet little move. He attributes it to Crusher too.

Also, JIF buried his vote on D1 - and then pretended to be ready to hammer after the deadline. Showmanship, nothing more. The more important story here is that while scum often busses and tries to influence lynches, they are just as likely to bury votes on D1. 

Where was his buried? On Verbal. Who was all over Verbal on D1? Ape. What is JIF's favorite scum strategy? Get behind the Ape.

JIF and Hess jump out in my re-read. I'll continue to see what I can dig up, then re-eval my list.

I still don't agree with you on Verbal, but I like the rest.

Looks like JiF just addressed the hammer thing.

Whether the post is directed at me or not, it relates directly to my switch to Pac and I will respond.

I held on Pac as long as I did because he's the best scum hunter we have. I finally saw a post that Hess bumped and it sold me. Ironically Pac told me once the train is proof of a bigger case worth examining. I still wanted a reason to join it and not be bought.

I don't like you buddying up to me here. I'm starting to think you reek.

Wait, what?  No.

While I agree with Hess's pause, I don't see what stopping to "think" at 2 minutes past deadline is doing to help the cause. He unvoted Pac, or tried to, at the buzzer. Nobody seems to have picked up on this quiet little move. He attributes it to Crusher too.

Also, JIF buried his vote on D1 - and then pretended to be ready to hammer after the deadline. Showmanship, nothing more. The more important story here is that while scum often busses and tries to influence lynches, they are just as likely to bury votes on D1. 

Where was his buried? On Verbal. Who was all over Verbal on D1? Ape. What is JIF's favorite scum strategy? Get behind the Ape.

JIF and Hess jump out in my re-read. I'll continue to see what I can dig up, then re-eval my list.

What a stretch.  Because were voting the same player I was getting behind the Ape?  I've intentionally avoided your emo ass all game long because you're annoying as ****.  I want you dead.  I've said it numerous times.  Now you're the one creating false representations of someone's play.  Hypocrite.

I always stick with one person on Day 1 untill I see an opportunity othewise.  Case in point, Pacturd.  I was ready to roll. 

#Lets kill the Ape, like now

What a stretch.  Because were voting the same player I was getting behind the Ape?  I've intentionally avoided your emo ass all game long because you're annoying as ****.  I want you dead.  I've said it numerous times.  Now you're the one creating false representations of someone's play.  Hypocrite.

I always stick with one person on Day 1 untill I see an opportunity othewise.  Case in point, Pacturd.  I was ready to roll. 

#Lets kill the Ape, like now

You hashtagged in a mafia post.

Who ******* hashtags other than a suburban white housewife with red wine stained teeth and a facebook wall full of inspirational quotes? 

If you recall during the post I voted you (or perhaps a post immediately following) I referenced how at the very least we needed to get you talking.  You've done so and I haven't said a word about you since.  

I also have been on the Pac train twice when momentum shifted towards him.  There are certainly ways you can paint me as scummy this game, like my willingness to lynch one of about 10 different people -- this point is rather weak.

That said, you strike me as town.

I'm teh wind beneath my own wings... because none of you inspire me, not even you, with your hugs. 

That's just because there hasn't been any ApeVM this game.  You just wait til daybreak, big guy.

You hashtagged in a mafia post.

Who ******* hashtags other than a suburban white housewife with red wine stained teeth and a facebook wall full of inspirational quotes? 

I'm new to hash tagging...I dont have any social media so I thought I'd try here.  It seemed appropriate.

#ape dead yet?

Archived