Muhammad Wilkerson Gives Scholarships to Students From His Hometown.

NYJetsVets91

9533215-large.jpg

From the day he was drafted 30th overall by the Jets in the 2011 draft, Muhammad Wilkerson has proven to be a fearsome defensive end. Perhaps just as important though, he is a class act and an outstanding person as well.

Wilkerson recently dolled out 5 separate $1,000 dollar college scholarships to 5 high school students from his hometown Linden, NJ for his TEAM 96 charity. It isn't uncommon to see NFL players donate to some form of charity, but what is uncommon is to see a play who is still in his rookie contract donating to charity.

Not only is Wilkerson generous, but he also knows there is more to the game than a paycheck which seems to be more and more what the NFL is about these days. Wilkerson isn't making a fuss about not receiving a new deal entering the last year of his rookie contract. He is focused on football and knows he'll "be taken care of." 

It is refreshing to see such a genuinely good person who is a part of the Jets organization. Idzik should have Mo' at the top of his list of players to resign; Wilkerson is a role model for all of the younger players and embodies what it means to "play like a jet" and how to carry yourself off the field as well. I think I can say we are all in agreement when it comes to keeping this hometown hero in green and white until he retires. Let's hope Idzik&Co. share the same sentiment. 

-

http://thejetpress.com/2014/06/02/new-york-jets-de-wilkerson-gives-away-scholarships/

OMG with this crap.  Couldn't he just masterbate in the Targets parking lot smoking synthetic weed like the cool kids?

Dude does good - 3 posts

Dude does bad - 25 pages

Thats our society.

Mo Wilk is the man.  I'm glad I hand picked him.  Probably my greatest pick to date after Revis.

Dude does good - 3 posts

Dude does bad - 25 pages

Thats our society.

Mo Wilk is the man.  I'm glad I hand picked him.  Probably my greatest pick to date after Revis.

I have a theory on this...there's a shame factor.

People see somebody do good and think internally "Damn, that dude is way better than I am, I'd never do something that nice. I have nothing to say"

Somebody does bad, that some person thinks "oh man, I'm way better than he is, time for me to weigh in with my moral superiority"

JMO

Archived