Is Morris Claiborne worth trading for?

A Jet from Oz

I would take a chance on him, but there is almost no way they keep this guy after walking out on the team.  We let go off our big CB addition for skipping out on the team, and we atleast had hope the guy would work out for us.  I think he's cut, and we can probably try to sign him since our secondary is weak, plays the coverage type he's used to from LSU, and did decent under Rob Ryan I believe.  I don't think the salary warrants his play nor his attitude, so I would rather just keep the picks.  Just because one year didn't work out, doesn't mean the next year has to follow the same recipe.

There's really no comparison. The Jets picked up Patterson this year on a small deal, he played terribly in the preseason, and then walked out. They had nothing invested in him besides $1M, and he was on the bubble whether he walked out or not. The Cowboys traded up in the first round a couple years ago to take Clairborne, and Jerry Jones is still hoping that someday he won't look stupid for doing so. They're not going to cut him now.

Archived