Jets’ Early Start Should Motivate Idzik

JetNation

no.   his head coaching skills are very different from his defensive skills.  a lot of people don't understand his defense, so I like to clear it up from time to time

as a head coach he is garbage

and I'm including all the coaches btw.   nobody gets a pass

The Jets have a $92M payroll.   If Rex has Vontae Davis and Demarcus Ware this team is probably 3-0 and they would still be under the salary cap.  

I get the Rex criticism but right now he is bringing a knife to a gun fight.   He has an UDFA and a 7th rd S starting at both CBs and he's making the best of it.   Idzik had 12 draft picks in the deepest WR class in memory and we still have Salas and Nelson as primary targets.    Idzik's performance thus far is inexcusable. 

It's one thing to preach building through the draft.   It's a whole other thing to actually draft good players. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik is not good at 'the draft'.   I don't know if it's a talent evaluation problem or principles or whatever, but Idzik doesn't seem to get the concept.  

the 2014 draft was one of the deepest WR drafts (a position of huge need) in recent memory.   What does Idzik walk away with?   a 4th rd PR, a redshirt, and a wife-beater.   i don't think a single pick past the 4th rd is even on the team at this point.  

how Idzik managed to bungle 12 picks is beyond me.   You could take any arm-chair draftnik or even just throw darts at a board and come up with a better draft than Big John managed.   

PIck #1 should have clearly been a CB. Pick #2 clearly a WR seeing there were so many quality wr's in this draft that were selected in the first 3 rounds.  So what does Idziot do, he selects a safety - a position that was pretty well serviced by Antonio Allen. Pryor is a quality pick BUT Denard was a better fit and would have filled a greater need.  Then he takes Amaro who has bust written all over him.  Cumberland was one of the TOP TE's in yards after catch last year.  We didn't need a non-blocking no hands TE when you are setting up a ground and pound offense. This pick made no sense whatsovever.  Oh and there's the next 10 other stupid picks but just thinking about it makes me sick.  

Archived