This has to be Rex's last game as the HC of the New York JETS.

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have a problem with the gameplan last night.  That's not to say that I wouldn't have thrown in a few play action passes, but given how poor Geno looked throwing the ball on the few attempts they did give him, I can't totally blame Rex and MM for not giving him more of an opportunity to mess things up. 

rex is salting the mine to ensure no good HC candidates come here so long as idzik is the GM

I don't think any good HC candidates will come to New York as long as Idzik is the GM regardless of what Rex does or doesn't do down the stretch.  I'd say that a majority share of the blame for this whole debacle belongs to Idzik, although at the end of the day both of them (along with everyone in the scouting department) should lose their jobs.

I don't think any good HC candidates will come to New York as long as Idzik is the GM regardless of what Rex does or doesn't do down the stretch.  I'd say that a majority share of the blame for this whole debacle belongs to Idzik, although at the end of the day both of them (along with everyone in the scouting department) should lose their jobs.

agree--we will get a bum, a retread or a first timer if idzik still here. those who think jim harbaugh is coming here to ask permission from idzik before deciding who starts each week is delusional

Rex has had a crap year but I don't really see how last night's loss is on him.  The run-heavy playcalling worked.  The problem was the OL forgot they also had to pass block.  Decker had a couple bad drops in the first half that probably ended up costing us a touchdown drive and Nick Folk had two bad misses and Geno didn't get it done in the end.  The defense played well.  Last year we won alot of close games this year we are losing every single one. 

I disagree. The biggest stage in the NFL, a boatload of money to spend, and a probable top five draft pick I don't think we'll have any problem landing a HC candidate even if Idzik stays. 

I disagree. The biggest stage in the NFL, a boatload of money to spend, and a probable top five draft pick I don't think we'll have any problem landing a HC candidate even if Idzik stays. 

Nobody decent will want anything to do with a John Idzik-built roster.  Idzik signed a crappy broken loser like D'Mitri Patterson to be the #1 CB when Revis, Cro, Browner were all available in FA and took a pass on guys like Desean Jackson and Jon Asomoah while passing on umpteen studs in the draft for a slow Safety. 

I also don't see any top-notch HC candidates wanting to come here if Idzik is retained due to the short leash Idzik is surely going to be on should he actually be allowed to continue on as GM for 2015.  Retaining Idzik will not be at all popular with the fanbase and things will only get worse, if this season's billboards and flyovers are anything to judge by, should 2015 go in a similar direction as this season.  Then Idzik would be out of a job and there would be a HC left twisting in the wind.  No high quality HC candidate is going to sign up for that.

Archived