This has to be Rex's last game as the HC of the New York JETS.

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrecks and GeNO give the Jets the best chance of losing to.Minny and Tenny and getting blown out in Miami and getting us into.the top three. I'm a bit worried about week 17 though. We need Denver and Indy and the other top teams to win out so that the final game is a must win for the Cheating Douchebags.. If they have clinched home field they might play the last game as an exhibition game, even rest Tammie and ruin the chances of them blowing the doors off Wrecks and GeNO and ruining our best shot at 2-14 and a shot at the Duck

Correct me if am wrong here but hasn't it been said for a few years now Rex is an offensive doofus who stays away from the offense, doesn't make the offensive game plan or the offensive half time adjs? If so wouldn't this one be on MM?

The fact that it's even plausible that Rex may well have had nothing to do with last night's game plan is further evidence of how awful he has been here.

The hilarious part of it is Ryan is giving them what they want (assuming Idzik is brought back, which I think is more likely than not):

1. Further justification for his dismissal

2. Better draft picks in 2015

And for his own future; what GM or owner is signing up for what they saw last night? Which fits in Ryan's spoiled brat act.

And for his own future; what GM or owner is signing up for what they saw last night? Which fits in Ryan's spoiled brat act.

Bugg, your so right, spoiled brat is exactly how he came off in the presser , i'll go to my grave believing he threw that game, thats a leader of men?…Woody Johnson has to step in and end this before Sunday..we can not take the field with a HC who is trying to lose games..I think Rex F'd himself out of the league last night…if he wasn't headed to espn before he certainly is now.

Considering the fact that the Dolphins gave up over 200 yards rushing to Denver the plan made sense...At least until they started putting 8, 9 guys in the box and you have Decker out 1 on 1 against some jabroni they just brought in like a week ago.

It was pretty obvious that 

1) Geno could not audible out of plays. (Just take the sack on third down or run the ball)

2) The Jets were not going to let Geno make any decisions. i.e throw to your first read.

There's something weird about tonight's game that one would think has to result in a change.

First the decision to use Smith. Then the gameplan itself. One or both of these decisions was done for spite.

Ray Lewis on TV talking about it like this was a serious gameplan conjured up by the Jets.

Then again, if Ryan feels he's getting fired so he wants to stick it to Idzik by losing games, and hurting him indirectly, if Idzik is in fact on the hot seat, then let it go. The spat between these two will result in better picks.

Then call both of them in together and fire them both at the same time in front of each other. And record it and put the video up on YouTube.

There has been something "weird" about this coaching for the last 3 years.

Considering the fact that the Dolphins gave up over 200 yards rushing to Denver the plan made sense...At least until they started putting 8, 9 guys in the box and you have Decker out 1 on 1 against some jabroni they just brought in like a week ago.

It was pretty obvious that 

1) Geno could not audible out of plays. (Just take the sack on third down or run the ball)

2) The Jets were not going to let Geno make any decisions. i.e throw to your first read.

Geno didnt fail the Jets the Jets failed Geno 

There has been something "weird" about this coaching for the last 3 years.

As a Jets fan you know weirdness is not limited to any one aspect of the team.

For example, imagine the start of this 3-year period, the when the scouting dept was pulling all-nighters in the media room at Florham Park. Up at the front, the 20 foot projector image shows a split screen image. One side Calvin Johnson and the other side Stephen Hill, with lists of attributes and arrows pointing to body parts and measurements. The room contains a GM and the entire scouting dept all high-5'ing each other and congratulating each other for their brilliance in reaching the collective conclusion of:

post-95923-0-97113400-1391627736.jpg

It doesnt have to be and it wont be. And Woody could bring the whole gang back for another year if he really wants to.

That would be fun for us all.

Better than just bringing idzik back, that way we can do clean sweep next year. If we bring idzik back we are looking at another 3 years minimum of garbage with his HC selection and another year of horrible draft picks. Only answer here is clean sweep.

Better than just bringing idzik back, that way we can do clean sweep next year. If we bring idzik back we are looking at another 3 years minimum of garbage with his HC selection and another year of horrible draft picks. Only answer here is clean sweep.

I want them both back.  Its infinitely more entertaining than the whole hiring process and just watching another regime fail like the many before them.

Rex will stay until the end - the bitter end. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Rex is a genuine nice guy, but is a terrible all around head coach. He can motivate, but can't teach. He can handle the media, but not bad actor players. He is a guy that can come up with a smart, challenging game plan on defense, but turns his head set off when the team is on offense. Can't have half a HC and that is exactly what he is. I am glad about the way he handled Idzik 'forcing' Geno Smith on him - Geno is NOT an NFL caliber QB - and most Jets fans know this. Can't hit the side of a barn. Harvin wide open gets overthrown, and on one play he is NOT pressured he throws a pick into triple coverage. I am totally enjoying Rex and Idzik ripping open fresh wounds in each other and I hope to see it until both are shown the door and Woody opens up his fire hose to cleanse the stench of this 'forced marriage' from Jets HQ.

As a Jets fan you know weirdness is not limited to any one aspect of the team.

For example, imagine the start of this 3-year period, the when the scouting dept was pulling all-nighters in the media room at Florham Park. Up at the front, the 20 foot projector image shows a split screen image. One side Calvin Johnson and the other side Stephen Hill, with lists of attributes and arrows pointing to body parts and measurements. The room contains a GM and the entire scouting dept all high-5'ing each other and congratulating each other for their brilliance in reaching the collective conclusion of:

post-95923-0-97113400-1391627736.jpg

Why are you dumping on Tannenbaum? Unless you think Idzik arrived a year before he actually did. Hill was a Tanny pick, along with Vlad Ducasse, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples and Sanchez.

I love this.  We need to lose and can't have Rex trying to win games and screw up our draft position.  They bitch slapped that team and took the L.  Exactly what you are looking for in a lost season.  My initial thought was that it was a **** you to Idzik for forcing him to start Geno.  Geno looked pathetic.  Play action should have been the call, but he showed no ability to throw it.  He took two sacks on third and long in field goal range.  What a horror show.  I know that Chuckie kept ranting about Decker and the CB that has beeen there for 5 days, but when did Decker actually look open?  

Why are you dumping on Tannenbaum? Unless you think Idzik arrived a year before he actually did. Hill was a Tanny pick, along with Vlad Ducasse, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples and Sanchez.

Read the post I quoted, referring to the last 3 years. Hill was drafted 3 years ago. I'm well aware of who drafted him, but the timing of Hill's start here (hence bringing him up as one example) was more the point of time reference than a reference to which GM was responsible for the act.

And I thought it was a funny, well-placed picture. If you didn't like it tell me which ones you like better and I'll try to work them into my routine.

Archived