Ryan Pace Bears GM

C Mart

Happy to, soon as you get your head out of your ass.

Turning down an interview does not de facto reflect negatively on the team turned down in and of itself. There are myriad reasons why a team interviewing a wide assortment of candidates (as we are) may get a decline form a single specific candidate, and most of those reasons have little to do with us being some sort of NFL Leper.

Word is Pace pretty much only wanted the Bears job, and by the point we requested to speak with him, was already well on his way to being hired by Chicago. That's simply not a negative reflection on us, and it's about time trolls like yourself stop trying to sh*t on our team for things like this.

We have more than enough to be critical of, this isn't it.

If I was really pissed about this, my posts would be more than a couple sentences long. This isn't that big of a deal, but, no, it does not reflect great on the league-wide view of the franchise when two different candidates flat out refuse to even speak to them. Especially when those candidates are battling it out over the right to control an aging 6-10 team with bad contracts. And especially after the Jets just had to hire whoever the f*ck would accept the job two years ago.

Not sure of your problem with me. I won't lose any f*cking sleep over it, either.

this isn't that big of a deal, but, no, it does not reflect great on the league-wide view of the franchise when two different candidates flat out refuse to even speak to them. Especially when those candidates are battling it out over the right to control an aging 6-10 team with bad contracts. And especially after the Jets just had to hire whoever the f*ck would accept the job two years ago.

No, it's not a big deal, because your simply wrong Manish. 

Lets look at who we've asked to talk to and interviewed:

• Jets senior director of football administration Rod Graves (interviewed 12/31)

• Browns executive chief of staff Bill Kuharich (interviewed 1/1)

• Seahawks pro personnel director Trent Kirchner (interviewed 1/1)

• Eagles pro personnel director Rick Mueller (interviewed 1/4)

• Texans college scouting director Mike Maccagnan (Interviewed Twice Already)

• Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier (interviewed 1/7)

• Buccaneers director of player personnel Jon Robinson (interviewed 1/8)

• Saints director of player personnel Ryan Pace -- declined our offer for interview, only accepted interview was with the Bears, interviewed only with Bears and hired by Bears. Clearly wanted Bears Job only. Had been expected to stay with Saints and be promoted within the Saints org.

• Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard -- declined Jets' offer for interview, was already the universally spoken Bears “favorite”. Has not interviewed (far as I can find) with anyone else but the Bears. Probably shocked he isn’t the Bears GM right now, as hyped up as the favorite he was. We ask again (which we won’t) I guarantee you he accepts the interview now.

• Vikings assistant general manager George Paton (declined ALL offers for interview)

• Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta (declined ALL offers for interview)

So the two guys who declines both were laser-focused on the Bears Job at the time we asked permission. The one who didn't get the job would surely say yes now (but won't be asked again).

Of the guys we asked, 7 said yes, 2 said no just to us (both only speaking to the Bears), and 2 said no to everyone.

Yeah, we look really bad.

No, it's not a big deal, because your simply wrong Manish.

Lets look at who we've asked to talk to and interviewed:

• Jets senior director of football administration Rod Graves (interviewed 12/31)

• Browns executive chief of staff Bill Kuharich (interviewed 1/1)

• Seahawks pro personnel director Trent Kirchner (interviewed 1/1)

• Eagles pro personnel director Rick Mueller (interviewed 1/4)

• Texans college scouting director Mike Maccagnan (Interviewed Twice Already)

• Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier (interviewed 1/7)

• Buccaneers director of player personnel Jon Robinson (interviewed 1/8)

• Saints director of player personnel Ryan Pace -- declined our offer for interview, only accepted interview was with the Bears, interviewed only with Bears and hired by Bears. Clearly wanted Bears Job only. Had been expected to stay with Saints and be promoted within the Saints org.

• Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard -- declined Jets' offer for interview, was already the universally spoken Bears “favorite”. Has not interviewed (far as I can find) with anyone else but the Bears. Probably shocked he isn’t the Bears GM right now, as hyped up as the favorite he was. We ask again (which we won’t) I guarantee you he accepts the interview now.

• Vikings assistant general manager George Paton (declined ALL offers for interview)

• Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta (declined ALL offers for interview)

So the two guys who declines both were laser-focused on the Bears Job at the time we asked permission. The one who didn't get the job would surely say yes now (but won't be asked again).

Of the guys we asked, 7 said yes, 2 said no just to us (both only speaking to the Bears), and 2 said no to everyone.

Yeah, we look really bad.

That's two more declines than the Bears had, is it not? There were only two of these jobs open. God forbid there were more. How many people would have turned the Jets down then? This is a better job than the Bears job. High draft pick and a ton of cap room to mold the team however you see fit. The Woody Johnson influence is what I worry about. It's not our little secret anymore that he's a meddlesome idiot that's more concerned with making waves than putting out a quality product. Mind you, I don't think this is intentional from him. He's just clueless and can't get out of his own way. It disheartens me when people turn down the Jets for this reason.

I'm pretty far removed from New York and its assorted media. Some posters let that sh*t get to their head. This whole little angle where it's "(Say something I disagree with about the Jets) You need to get off the media's jock! Learn to think for yourself instead of spewing negativity" is a joke. The ironic thing is that those that despise the media are far more affected by it than the indifferent. In fact, I haven't seen anyone on this site that kowtows to the words of the Jets scribes. Turn off your sports talk radio and step into reality. We all want what's best for the New York Jets.

Thought by whom? With what evidence?

Ryan Pace
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png
Ryan Pace Current position Title General Manager Team Chicago Bears Personal information Place of birth Flower Mound, TexasUnited States Career information Position(s) Defensive End College Eastern Illinois

Ryan Pace (b. circa 1977) is the general manager for the Chicago Bears.[1] He previously worked in the New Orleans Saints' front office for 14 years. The contract has yet to be announced.

Professional career

After playing for the Eastern Illinois Panthers football team, Pace was hired by the New Orleans Saints in 2001. Six years later, Pace became the director of pro personnel, and in 2013, became the director of player personnel.[2]

In 2015, Pace was offered an interview for the general manager position by the New York Jets, but declined. He was later interviewed by the Chicago Bears for the general manager position on January 7,[2] and was hired the next day.[3]

References
  1. Jump up^ http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-hire-Pace-as-general-manager/51474dd1-8fc6-4b74-b7e3-b9bf90f30277
  2. Jump up to:a b Dickerson, Jeff (January 7, 2015). "Potential GMs Chris Ballard, Ryan Pace visit Bears"ESPN. Retrieved January 8, 2015.
  3. Jump up^ Biggs, Brad; Campbell, Rich; Wiederer, Dan (January 8, 2015). "Bears hire Ryan Pace as general manager"Chicago Tribune. Retrieved January 8, 2015.

Archived