Namath: Jets Should Take Mariota

AFJF

I agree, but we know for sure yet that Geno won't be that guy. He's showed some flashes and if you build around him the way we did this offseason, if you give him a better defense and if he studies more and makes progress himself, I think he could be that guy. That's a lot of if's. But if you don't give guys a chance to develop we'll never find a true young franchise QB. If we draft Mariota this year and he struggles like most rookie QB's (say a Peyton or Eli), do we call for the next franchise QB again in '16? At some point when you pick a QB early you have to committ to him for a couple years and see how he develops. I think Geno deserves another season with more talent on the roster, more weapons around him, better coaching. If he shows the same inconsistency again I think we should move on. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Mariota by the way, but I also wouldn't just quit on Geno. If Mariota is there, go ahead and pick him unless somebody makes a good offer and wants to move up. Let them compete and we'll see how it shakes out. I rather have a second potential franchise QB instead of yet another D-Lineman or yet another receiver. There's no upside really to that. If you really want a lineman or a receiver those guys are a dime a dozen each year in free agency.

FIXED. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was all over Manziel, saying he'd love to have him on his team and all that stuff. People need to chill out with the "Namath knows best" stuff, he's not Moses.

Even Moses wasn't correct in his judgment all the time. Hence the reason why he didn't see the promised land.

Just saying......☺️

I looked it up, turns out the Nike Air Racist II is all the rage.

Is it really fun to throw around racism accusations loosely?  FYI I do a lot of public service work in underprivileged communities and take pride in working with black youths in single family homes.  The statement I was making was a serious one as for a period of time a large segment of the throwback consumer population consisted of an urban demographic.  It also so happens that this urban demographic has a stylish sensibility when it comes to matching throwback jerseys with expensive sneakers.  If it is racist to observe that such consumers do in fact exist and that they have such preferences then the fear of offending people has interfered with our ability to have a dispassionate conversation on factual matters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_fashion#Throwback_clothing

Edit: I guess Wikipedia is racist as well

Archived