Realistic expectations for rounds 2 & 3

CurtisMartin17

I have to admit when they first called Williams I wasn't thrilled wondering why him when Vic Beasley and Kevin White were still on the board. But after the realization that Wilkerson wants to break the bank & Williams will probably be better and cheaper for (3-4 years) than an already great Wilkerson, I can see trading Wilkerson either soon or during the season for a 1st round pick next year plus more. Totally use that to go get Connor Cook. With that being said, I think the best outcome of tonight's 2 picks would be Dorial Green-Beckham in the 2nd and Garrett Grayson in the 3rd. Plenty of needs still out there OL, RB, OLB  but I do have faith in MacCagnan. He can't be any worse than Idzik right ?  Best players available in my opinion :  Lael Collins OL, DGB WR, Garrett Grayson QB, Randy Gregory OLB, Duke Johnson RB, Jeremy Langford RB

It's time to fantasize:

Trade Mo to Tennessee (who could really use a guy like him) for #33, Mettenberger and a 4th this year (or a 3rd next year).

With picks  33, 37 and 70, we can get Devin Smith, Duke Johnson and an edge rusher along with what I believe to be a very good QB prospect in Mettenberger.  

I dunno what the JETS plan to do with addressing the WR position via this draft.

But i do not think the rookie GM will draft a guy like DGB or for that matter Randy Gregory or anyone else with legal question mark's hanging over there heads.

Maybe they draft Jaelen Strong if he available at #37.

Otherwise i won't be surprised if the JETS do not address the WR position in the Top 4 rounds and only pick someone all the way in the 7th round because at this point JETS do not have any 5th and 6th round picks.

That would be a BIG mistake.

Archived