variable ticket prices

kmnj

what is the purpose for this? also if you are going to put a value on the preseason tickets(just was sent the breakdown on my tickets) -put about ten bucks as that is all they are worth

When the Jets do poorly, StubHub destroys NFL Ticket Exchange in that StubHub allows you to price your tickets as low as you want to move them. The idiotic NFL Ticket Exchange does not allow pricing below face value, so for preseason and regular games that are in low demand, Ticket Exchange sells next to nothing while StubHub gets all the business. Variable ticket pricing should help Ticket Exchange sell some of those games where original face value would have been unrealistic. I have no doubt that at least part of the reason for Variable Pricing is to help the struggling NFL Ticket Exchange. StubHub still rules.

When the Jets do poorly, StubHub destroys NFL Ticket Exchange in that StubHub allows you to price your tickets as low as you want to move them. The idiotic NFL Ticket Exchange does not allow pricing below face value, so for preseason and regular games that are in low demand, Ticket Exchange sells next to nothing while StubHub gets all the business. Variable ticket pricing should help Ticket Exchange sell some of those games where original face value would have been unrealistic. I have no doubt that at least part of the reason for Variable Pricing is to help the struggling NFL Ticket Exchange. StubHub still rules.

+1

Additionally, the Jets won't get blowback from some season ticket holders that the team is undercutting the value of their tickets by selling them at a discount at the box office.

SAR I

How is Home v Miami NOT a premier game?

Just by the sheer number of Fins fans living in NYC and the ones up here fisting for the Thanksgiving holiday season?

For a rebuilding team like the Jets, the later in the year the tickets are the bigger risk they are to not sell well and so the Jets need the option to sell them at the lower tier should the need arise.

I'm sure it boiled down to Cleveland vs. Miami for the upper tier and they went with the Week 1 game because excitement will be high and there is no risk of having a bad record at kickoff.

The Buffalo game is the most puzzling as it's a Thursday night and Jets fans don't care about Rex Ryan as much as the team appears to think we do.

SAR I

Archived