Dee Milliner Feels Good, But Does He Have a Job?

flgreen

Exactly...so at the very least, the Jets could have said "we'd like to have you back, give us a call before you sign with anyone and we'll see if we can beat it".  Give him 100K more than what he was being offered and he would have come back.

I think they did say that to him and then still didn't sign him.  IIRC that is what his wife was tweeting about.

I think they did say that to him and then still didn't sign him.  IIRC that is what his wife was tweeting about.

Really?  That could be right...I don't remember the exact details.  If so, that only makes it worse on Idzik.

People keep acting like the Achilles is a death sentence, but it is not. Leon Hall has blown out both his Achilles and gotten a huge contract and played at a high level. Brent Grimes tore his while on the franchise tag and he came back to pro bowl form. I am sure there are others, but the idea that CB's can't come back from this injury is way off base. Every injury is different, but I have not heard anything that would make me think Milliner wouldn't come back.

No need for DRC if he'd have gone hard after Revis OR kept Cro around.

I stand corrected on a CB never coming back. It may not be a death sentence, but it's certainly a major hindrance.

When Dee Money is making Pro Bowls, it is then that Idzik's genius will be recognized, and his haters will be silenced.

Although Idzik's mistakes were abundant he did draft a few good players and one probowler in Sheldon. I actually think Aboushi and Amaro could be pro bowlers down the road, and the jury is still out on several for mere lack of playing time.

Although Idzik's mistakes were abundant he did draft a few good players and one probowler in Sheldon. I actually think Aboushi and Amaro could be pro bowlers down the road, and the jury is still out on several for mere lack of playing time.

Don't they have to be legitimate starters first before they become pro bowlers?

I am not giving up on the draft class, but it is kind of hard to look favorably on them.  I have hope for the O line depth, but his drafting looks worse because he needed a WR and in that stacked class he struck out.  Even worse, he drafted a punt returner in the 4th round when we desperately needed one and struck out there too.

Mcdougal will make a pro bowl before milliner.

Is that Cromartie exhibiting leadership? I don't know if I should be pleasantly surprised or scared to death.

Yep.  Gonna be crazy when we send two DB's this year.  I wonder if Revis will be nice enough to show him around.  

Even Revis wasn't the same guy the year after his ACL, and I can't think of any CB who's ever come back from an Achilles injury. Signing Cro was smart, even if it turns out to be just a one year deal. Ideally, McDougle would break into the starting line-up by the end of the year, but it's no lock.

How silly would it be that a guy makes a pro bowl and doesn;t start?  Slats you crack me up.  Got me laughing and jiggling more than fresh made Jello.  

Don't they have to be legitimate starters first before they become pro bowlers?

I am not giving up on the draft class, but it is kind of hard to look favorably on them.  I have hope for the O line depth, but his drafting looks worse because he needed a WR and in that stacked class he struck out.  Even worse, he drafted a punt returner in the 4th round when we desperately needed one and struck out there too.

Well at the moment its sounding like both will be 1st string at the beginning of the season. Aboushi moreso than Jace.

Archived