Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

Bugg

Emperor in the Olympia Theatre in Dublin.

Now, back in the early 90s, when the whole Norwegian black metal scene was getting into the swing of things, while me and my friends were all running round in our Darkthrone/Burzum/Mayhem/Emperor/Immortal shirts, if you had told me that eventually I'd see Emperor in a place like the Olympia, I would have wondered what the hell you were on.

Fast forward to last weekend, they were doing one of those "play an entire album" shows, in this case Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. A great night, they sounded great, and instead of just playing the album in order, they mixed it up, throwing songs from other albums. The stuff from In The Nightside Eclipse was immense.

maxresdefault.jpg

On 3/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, HessStation said:

Sad there’s no young people in this thread. What a sh*t generation. I feel bad for my kids 

My wife and I love to go to blues shows when we can.  The audience is inevitably older than the performers.  Just 2 weeks ago at the Beacon at KWS Band, the audience was OLD.  The youngest looked in late 40s and mostly 50's 60's and up.  Kenny is in his young 40s. We were talking to the people near us if any of them had ever seen Chris Layton live before.  Some people didn't even know who he was and others said yeah, I saw him in the 80's when he was drummer for Stevie Ray and Double Trouble.  Layton looks and plays great for a 69 year old.

• Upvote 1

Just got back from swuanee resonate festival. great weather! I tented it this time as it was a last minute thing but I did come home with a tick on my nut that i had to twist out......lol

Lots of great talent. Dupstafunk killed it. Their 2nd bassist did not make it but they brought their female singer. The trombone player was out of control. He almost passed out a few times I was watching him struggle for air after doing a killer solo

The New Mastersounds also killed it. Such a great band,

My surprise show was this band called Future Joy. A young husband wife team that was so much fun. I am normally not into edm but he kills the sax and she sings great and plays some KBs and both of them play with all the knobs to change sounds. So much fun./ At the end he brought out the Future Joy "choir" which basically consisted of 20-25 random campers that they met up with and ended the show with Hey Jude

great times in live oak fl

On 3/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, HessStation said:

Sad there’s no young people in this thread. What a sh*t generation. I feel bad for my kids 

If it makes u feel better i took my 19 year old stepson to the music festival. Was his first. He loved it. Was in 2/3 row dancing all night with me.

Now he says hes going to "all" the festivals with me but im like "ummmmmyeaaa ok"