Sheldon - not getting the message

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

who cares?  The Jets know without holding you have no shot to block them and without illegal picks your receivers have no shot to get open.  Why shouldn't they be confident again?

Oh, because they know you're pathetic cheats that can't win without cheating or getting generous calls from the league officials.

The entire team knows ifwe just lin ed up and played legit football we'd kick the sh1t out of your team, we are just a better built team that doesn't require help from the league and illegal measures to win, and f*ck teams that do.

Prepare for Brady like Kirk Cousins.

That's the key to winning.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23/sheldon-richardson-annoyed-with-media-over-alleged-guarantee/

"This is why I don't want to do interviews anymore roger hope y'all enjoy that BS"

Not sure calling out Goodell as a possible further suspension is looming the best idea.  He's right though.

Sheldon Richardson annoyed with media over alleged “guarantee”

Sheldon RichardsonAP

Sheldon Richardson did not join Joe Namath as a Jet guaranteeing a victory this week, and he’s upset that his words were interpreted that way.

As PFT noted yesterday, Richardson said the Jets are going into Sunday’s game with the expectation that they’ll beat the Patriots “if we go out there and execute and do what we’re supposed to do.”

That’s a pretty big “if” — after all, the Patriots have a knack for preventing the other team from doing what it’s supposed to do. But Richardson was saying that if the Jets play the way they need to play, they’ll win. That’s how most players think heading into most games.

Richardson’s words were originally reported in Metro New York under the headline, “Sheldon Richardson Guarantees a Jets Win at Patriots.” That led Richardson to complain on Twitter that he doesn’t like giving interviews at all because his words get twisted — with an apparent shot at Commissioner Roger Goodell over the NFL’s rules requiring every player to talk to the media.

The headline has since been changed online to “Sheldon Richardson Confident in a Jets Win at Patriots,” but by the time it was changed, Richardson’s alleged “guarantee” had made its way around the Internet and talk radio. Richardson has every right to be upset that a media outlet decided to get clicks by attaching his name to the word “guarantee,” a word he didn’t use.

you obviously didn't read the article because you completely misquoted him.  What are you?  A Pats' fan/troll?  Distorting and misquoting is their M.O.

Cheating and pretending anyone considers their super bowls legit but them is their MO...everyone knows they are the barry bonds of NFL franchises...a facebook meme organization no one takes seriously...

Reporting in from New England.  I can tell you its a breath of fresh air that even the NE Radio personalities didn't bite on this garbage journalistic bait job.  No one had any issues with what Richardson or Gilchrist said.  In fact they said, thats exactly what you want to hear from your players, confidence that you are going to win.

I hope Richardson and other players decide to only grant exclusive interviews in the future to reporters that have integrity and they trust.  Its the only way to send a message to fire the bad reporters and have the media earn some trust again.  I think Marshawn Lynch does this.

I hope Richardson and other players decide to only grant exclusive interviews in the future to reporters that have integrity and they trust.  Its the only way to send a message to fire the bad reporters and have the media earn some trust again.  I think Marshawn Lynch does this.

What  if it's a reporter who  works for one of the many papers who pay a different person to write the headlines?

What  if it's a reporter who  works for one of the many papers who pay a different person to write the headlines?

You can't control everything but at least they can weed out the sh*t reporters who are always manufacturing and manipulating stories out of thin air.  The only other person I would think (I don't work in journalism) has the right to change the headline would be the Editor.  But as I said in a prior post, everybody including Patriots media up here actually read how badly his and Gilchrists statements were taken out of context.  And trust me they read the headlines and were salivating for the Jets of old but realized that just isn't the case anymore.

You can't control everything but at least they can weed out the sh*t reporters who are always manufacturing and manipulating stories out of thin air.  The only other person I would think (I don't work in journalism) has the right to change the headline would be the Editor.  But as I said in a prior post, everybody including Patriots media up here actually read how badly his and Gilchrists statements were taken out of context.  And trust me they read the headlines and were salivating for the Jets of old but realized that just isn't the case anymore.

Agreed...in this case I dotn't put it on Dyer.  He had Sheldon's exact words whereas whoever wrote the headline called it a guarentee.

Archived