we're playin' for 2nd place :+(

kelly

I can see the Jets winning 8 to 9 of their remaining games, which would make them a 12 win 13 win team as well. I can see the Jets splitting the Pats games and sweeping the rest of the division. 

let's just beat Oakland.  we'll worry about those other games down the road.  12-13 wins is a lot of wins, 12 would equal our franchise record and 13 would break it. 

no one is handing NE the division but the reality is one time in all the Brady years has a team other than NE won the AFC east.  NE is always great in the reg season, until we beat them out I will think NE is going to win it BUT I think we can beat them in postseason. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is frustrating, but the media loves the Pats.  After all, if you were to only listen to the game you would think the Jets couldn't do anything right and the Pats were winning by 100.  At this point, unless the Pats fall from the sky, I think it is difficult to win the Division.  That being said, I can tell you that neither Bowels or the rest of the Jets seem willing to yield the division and that is all that matters.

I went to a sports bar yesterday to watch the game but the commentary was in German so I was saved from the typical Pats privates sucking. 

And the bolded part is well said. It would be a shame if they felt the same way as many of their fans. 

let's just beat Oakland.  we'll worry about those other games down the road.  12-13 wins is a lot of wins, 12 would equal our franchise record and 13 would break it. 

no one is handing NE the division but the reality is one time in all the Brady years has a team other than NE won the AFC east.  NE is always great in the reg season, until we beat them out I will think NE is going to win it BUT I think we can beat them in postseason. 

Im not putting super emphasis on future games, Im only talking about them based on how this article is just "giving" the Pats the division with double digit games left in the season. 

I feel you though. The best thing to do is take it one game at a time and actually prove these people wrong for once. The Pats have ACTUALLY owned the division. Talking about doing it hasnt really done much to change anything. 

I can see the Jets winning 8 to 9 of their remaining games, which would make them a 12 win 13 win team as well. I can see the Jets splitting the Pats games and sweeping the rest of the division. 

I just don't see it.  I just do not think this is a 12 let alone a 13 win team.  If we win 11 I'd be dancing in the streets.  If we were in almost any other div I'd give us a shot.  Now if Brady went down then all bets are off.

Im not putting super emphasis on future games, Im only talking about them based on how this article is just "giving" the Pats the division with double digit games left in the season. 

I feel you though. The best thing to do is take it one game at a time and actually prove these people wrong for once. The Pats have ACTUALLY owned the division. Talking about doing it hasnt really done much to change anything. 

I am really interested to see how we respond.  Oak is a decent team, do we come out and take care of business or do we allow this loss to linger and go on a 2 game losing streak?  last time we lost we came out and dominated Miami.  Let's come out and take care of business.  I am already pretty confident in this team, if we do that in oak I will be really confident. 

I am really interested to see how we respond.  Oak is a decent team, do we come out and take care of business or do we allow this loss to linger and go on a 2 game losing streak?  last time we lost we came out and dominated Miami.  Let's come out and take care of business.  I am already pretty confident in this team, if we do that in oak I will be really confident. 

I dont think that Oakland knows how to win yet. They have a talented team, sort of like the Jags. But they dont know how to win yet. The Jets are to the Raiders like the Patriots are to the Jets. Its a hump that they must overcome. Can the Raiders beat the Jets? Sure. However, is it likely? I wouldnt bet on it. 

The Raiders have held just 1 team under 20 points this season which are the Broncos, and we're all seeing first hand how Peyton should have just retired. 

I dont think that Oakland knows how to win yet. They have a talented team, sort of like the Jags. But they dont know how to win yet. The Jets are to the Raiders like the Patriots are to the Jets. Its a hump that they must overcome. Can the Raiders beat the Jets? Sure. However, is it likely? I wouldnt bet on it. 

The Raiders have held just 1 team under 20 points this season which are the Broncos, and we're all seeing first hand how Peyton should have just retired. 

the difference here is the raiders are at home, we were on the road.  I think at home we find a way to beat NE yesterday.

Can oak handle success?  I'm with, I am not sure they can but how do we respond to a tough loss yesterday? should be interesting.

I just don't see it.  I just do not think this is a 12 let alone a 13 win team.  If we win 11 I'd be dancing in the streets.  If we were in almost any other div I'd give us a shot.  Now if Brady went down then all bets are off.

I can see the Jets losing to the Fins, Pats, Cowboys.

Right now with the Bills offensive struggles I cant see any team losing to them right now. EJ Manuel is like the 12th player for the opposite team! And I'll give the Jets the edge against the Raiders, Jags, Bills, Texans, Giants, and Titans. 

Overall with this 4-2 start I see the Jets winning no less than 11 games based on the schedule. However, I could also see the Jets winning all of these games minus 1 or 2 of them. 

You have to take into account that this is a Jets team that is averaging over 25 points per game and has the best defense in football. When's the last time you heard that one? lol.

the difference here is the raiders are at home, we were on the road.  I think at home we find a way to beat NE yesterday.

Can oak handle success?  I'm with, I am not sure they can but how do we respond to a tough loss yesterday? should be interesting.

There's no difference. The Raiders have to show that they know how to win, and starting the season 1-2 at home isnt showing me that they play better at home. The jets are coming in with the the best defense in football and is averaging over 25 points a game on offense going up against a team that regularly gives up over 20 points per game on a weekly basis in which 3 of their 6 games they gave up 30 points. 

There's no difference. The Raiders have to show that they know how to win, and starting the season 1-2 at home isnt showing me that they play better at home. The jets are coming in the the best defense in football and is averaging over 25 points a game on offense going up against a team that regularly gives up over 20 points per game on a weekly basis. 

the Raiders have to show they know how to win and we don't?

it's never easy to go out west, I think in our history we have won at Oak 2 times.  I know this is a different team but no matter how good or bad they are that always seems to be a tough place for us to win.

oak gave up 20+ yesterday but it was ALL in garbage time.  when the game was in meaningful action they destroyed the SD offense. that game was 37-6 entering the 4th before Rivers did what he does best and that's tack on garbage time #s.

it's never easy to go out west, I think in our history we have won at Oak 2 times.  I know this is a different team but no matter how good or bad they are that always seems to be a tough place for us to win.

oak gave up 20+ yesterday but it was ALL in garbage time.  when the game was in meaningful action they destroyed the SD offense. that game was 37-6 entering the 4th before Rivers did what he does best and that's tack on garbage time #s.

Yes I know. This is the same Raiders team that let Jay Cutler go off on them.

We do, against teams like the Patriots. I just said a second ago that the Jets are the Raiders version of the Patriots. They may be good enough to hang around but they havent shown that they can actually win these games. The Jets have shown this season that they can beat teams .500 and below. Our first opportunity to play a SB caliber type team we lost by 7. 

The Raiders, have to show that they can beat a playoff-type team. Look at the teams they beat...none of those teams would make the playoffs if they started today. 

We do, against teams like the Patriots. I just said a second ago that the Jets are the Raiders version of the Patriots. They may be good enough to hang around but they havent shown that they can actually win these games. The Jets have shown this season that they can beat teams .500 and below. Our first opportunity to play a SB caliber type team we lost by 7. 

The Raiders, have to show that they can beat a playoff-type team. Look at the teams they beat...none of those teams would make the playoffs if they started today. 

Isn't Philly below .500?  I get your point but Oak has 3 losses, 2 of the 3 losses came at the hands of undefeated teams. they also lost to 2-4 Chi, we lost to 3-4 Philly.  I expect to win but I think you are selling oak a little short.

Isn't Philly below .500?  I get your point but Oak has 3 losses, 2 of the 3 losses came at the hands of undefeated teams. they also lost to 2-4 Chi, we lost to 3-4 Philly.  I expect to win but I think you are selling oak a little short.

Yeah, but we've beaten 4 of the 5 teams .500 or below. That shows that we can beat mediocre to bad teams consistently. 

The Raiders lost to every playoff-type team they've played this season (Broncos and Bengals). 

Im not selling the Raiders short, its that every statement regarding the Raiders has to somehow be met with "what about the Jets"? Well, what about them? They've beaten teams .500 or below 80% of the time. The Raiders have beaten playoff-caliber teams 0% of the time. 

Its not a disrespect to the Raiders, I just feel like Jet fans are on thin ice. You make a criticism about a team you're facing and you're instantly met with "Philly". C'mon bro. Be alittle more optimistic here! lol. 

They are an up and coming team. They are coming off of a great victory. Young teams have a tendency to have a let down after that type of victory. We saw against Miami that we can play angry.

Yeah, but we've beaten 4 of the 5 teams .500 or below. That shows that we can beat mediocre to bad teams consistently. 

The Raiders lost to every playoff-type team they've played this season (Broncos and Bengals). 

Im not selling the Raiders short, its that every statement regarding the Raiders has to somehow be met with "what about the Jets"? Well, what about them? They've beaten teams .500 or below 80% of the time. The Raiders have beaten playoff-caliber teams 0% of the time. 

Its not a disrespect to the Raiders, I just feel like Jet fans are on thin ice. You make a criticism about a team you're facing and you're instantly met with "Philly". C'mon bro. Be alittle more optimistic here! lol. 

we lost to every playoff type team too(NE)

I am very optimistic, I expect a win but I am not going to sit here and pretend we have arrived and Oak sucks.  We can lose this game if we don't play our best. if we do play our best we will win.

They are an up and coming team. They are coming off of a great victory. Young teams have a tendency to have a let down after that type of victory. We saw against Miami that we can play angry.

I understand that and teams like us can allow a loss to a div rival to linger.  we have only lost one other time and we responded great, I expect that will be the case but I don't know.

I am very optimistic, I expect a win but I am not going to sit here and pretend we have arrived and Oak sucks.  We can lose this game if we don't play our best. if we do play our best we will win.

Colts are going to be a playoff team, believe it or not

You must follow bro. This is EXACTLY why I said, that the Jets are the Patriots version to the Raiders. 

Man. 

True, but they are still a playoff team. And people hate on the Eagles. They just kicked the crap out of the NYG on Monday Night. They played close with an undefeated Carolina team.

I still think the eagles win that dreck division, Giants are terrible.

Sorry, but lets not compare Titans and Texans to teams like the Skins and Colts. Right now Titans/Texans are playing like they won't win another game while the Colts and Skins are winning games as well as being very competitive in their losses. Titans and Texans right now look like expansion teams in their 1st season.

True, but they are still a playoff team. And people hate on the Eagles. They just kicked the crap out of the NYG on Monday Night. They played close with an undefeated Carolina team.

The Eagles have ability, they were close w/ Carolina and Newton threw 3 INts and Philly still lost.

I still think the eagles win that dreck division, Giants are terrible.

Not going to win until the make the QB change.

This game, IMO is more important that the game yesterday. Either way, I think we beat Jacksonville in 2 weeks so, either the Jets will be 5-3 or 6-2. The Raiders game will decide that.

this game is HUGE for many reasons.  the biggest being the ability to put the Pats game behind us and fly across Country and beat a capable Raider team.  we win this week we are in great shape.

Archived