Jets have waited far to long to draft a LB

Jetster

Don't get me wrong. I love David Harris & I'd like him to retire a NY Jet but I'd like to know how we could go so long without trying to grab another stud LB in the draft knowing how long this guy has played. When I look around the league & see these athletic LBs running around & I know that we were drafting guys like Stephen Hill, Ducasse, Winters, it sucks. I know they drafted Demario, I see guys like Bobby Wagner, the Pats Collins, Luke Keuckly, Lee in Dallas, I look back to see where these guys were drafted & most were attainable.

I bring this up because we seem to be an unbalanced team with too many plodders on defense. Sure we have a very good Dline with Mo, Snacks, Leo & Sheldon but after that we have zero explosion players. I'm talking about guys that close fast & wrap up. We saw it Sunday when Frankenstein feet ran for like 12 yards! When's the last time you saw that f*cker Brady run that far? And for a huge 1st down.

Ask yourself if we would be better off today with Bobby Wagner or Brian Winters. Until the NY Jets start drafting better from the 2nd round will continue to be missing pcs of the puzzle. I'm already worried that Devin Smith was over drafted & we obviously wouldn't have even considered him had Idzik draft someone like Landry. Mac has a lot of making up to do to cover for the Rex drafting years. Pryor is proving you can't judge guys right away, some guys take time but I'm tired of not having an explosive LB, someone will speed & a nose for the ball. Those are the guys when Brady takes off close wrap & get you off the field. We could have used a guy like that on Sunday.

I don't care about this square peg round hole bullsh*t you guys spout, Coples and Gholston were drafted to play OLB.  That's an OLB every 4 years.  They had money wrapped up at LB in guys like Scott, Thomas and Pace, so there was less reason to blow resources there.  They drafted Davis and now Mauldin with the kind of picks you'd want for a team with quality guys under contract looking for depth and development guys.

Archived